Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw Alpha Papa yesterday. Loved it. Perfect length, not too long or too short. Felt like a slightly higher budget feature length episode of the TV show, as opposed to an overly glamourised take on Partridge to try to market it to a wider audience. With that said, out of our group, 2 of them weren't big Partridge fans but they loved the film.

Saw Alpha Papa yesterday. Loved it. Perfect length, not too long or too short. Felt like a slightly higher budget feature length episode of the TV show, as opposed to an overly glamourised take on Partridge to try to market it to a wider audience. With that said, out of our group, 2 of them weren't big Partridge fans but they loved the film.

I disagree with this a bit tbh... I felt it sounded odd as his voice isn't quite the same as it was before, and it sounded over produced and too 'film' like.

Also felt there wasn't enough banter in it like usually there is in the tv program with the geordie guy.

Some genuingly laugh out loud moments but I didn't think it felt like the TV program and lost some of its appeal as a result.

Still good but not as good as I had hoped

Stalker is one of my favourite films. Incredible that he reshot the whole movie after the original film stock was destroyed.

Very lyrical and poetic, a classic in many ways. I suppose for people wanting to get into Tarkovsky 'Ivan's Childhood' is the most accessible.

Horror movies are always going to split opinion. Sinister is the best I've seen for years

I watched Oblivion and The Iceman recently.

Oblivion - Not as bad as I was expecting. Ultimately a rip off of about 3 different movies but kept me entertained.

The Iceman - Fantastic part played by Michael Shannon. Didnt quite hit any heights but interesting enough.

Both 7/10

Good Vibrations - 5/10 average and even then i prob tolerated it more due to it being based in belfast

Downloaded it through the week on the strength of it being Kermode's film of the year so far.

Thanks for dampening expectations for me, I'll probably enjoy it much more now i have some trepadation.

Watched 'The Candidate' last night which is a Will Ferrell comedy... pretty much standard Will Ferrell fare tbh but made me laugh a fair few times. Had never heard of it so was expecting it to be shit, which it kind of was but funny at the same time

Has anybody seen 'Hostage', the Bruce Willis movie?

It was on e4 last night, I caught about 15 minutes of it from about 1/2 way through and it seemed like a worthwhile watch but had to get some sleep for an early start. Worth a watch?

Is that the one on the bus with Mos Def? If so, it's about average. I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it.

The scene i caught was in a house, with Willis the negotiator outside. Teenage girl and boy hostage with their Dad knocked out. No sign of Mos Def in the scene's I caught

The scene i caught was in a house, with Willis the negotiator outside. Teenage girl and boy hostage with their Dad knocked out. No sign of Mos Def in the scene's I caught

I remember that. If you like Brucey and his style of film, you'll like this.