Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Pacific Rim, think all the 'epicness' of the movie was lost watching it on telly tbh, enjoyable enough but seemed to drag a little at times. Charlie Hunnam was walking round like he'd had something shoved up his hoop again mind.

The Butler 1/10

Absolute fuking shit. Was in the middle of a long row so mulled leaving for about half an hour before pulling the plug on it. It's so choclolate box I was serioulsy feeling psychotic.

The Butler 1/10

Absolute fuking shit. Was in the middle of a long row so mulled leaving for about half an hour before pulling the plug on it. It's so choclolate box I was remembering I'm psychotic.

cyp

Watched Captain Phillips last night.

Great movie and a vehicle for Hanks to turn in his most impressive performance in 10+ years.

Fantastic film, just got back from it.

He's a sublime actor in a very tense film. Most worn-out I've felt after a movie in ages.

Fantastic film, just got back from it.

He's a sublime actor in a very tense film. Most worn-out I've felt after a movie in ages.

Yeah, they built the suspense really well.

Greengrass was a good choice as director, he practically makes you feel seasick.

Man of steel.

Fairly enjoyed the first half before all the big fight scenes yawn, falling buildings yawn etc etc.

However for the first time after many a Superman film, I'm questioning how he flys!

I get the super power big jumps, but how does he travel thousand of miles in zig zag or straight lines with no thrust?

Anyway, 6.5 / 10

Saw the new Jackass Borat style flick, I laughed heartily. Good switch your brain off for a bit and giggle movie.

Although I hadn't seen the trailer and knew nothing about it so every big moment came as a shock to me, probably loses a lot if you've seen the punchlines before the setup.

Watched Captain Phillips last night.

Great movie and a vehicle for Hanks to turn in his most impressive performance in 10+ years.

Couldn't agree more. Just got home from watching it, gripping movie throughout and an amazing performance from Hanks (incredible in the final scenes) and the pirates also.

Watched End of Watch last night too, good movie a lot better than I was expecting

Edited by scotty84

TGTBATU is probably my favourite film so I'm never going to agree with you there. I actually think the trilogy gets better with each installment. Fist Full Of Dollars is the slightest and least fully realised of Leone's westerns for me (well excluding A Fist Full of Dynamite which isn't really a western in my mind at least), with OUATITW probably the one where he got his full vision out. But I think there's something in the dynamic of Eastwood, Wallach & Van Cleef (particularly the first two) that just gives that film the edge.

Agreed

Midnight in Paris - Thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the dude makes a good Woody Allen because he's go the same nose. Also does the same uncomfortable looking kissing when he's getting it on. Even the rehash of Marshall McLuhan joke from Annie Hall didn't leave a sour taste.