Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Good Vibrations - 5/10 average and even then i prob tolerated it more due to it being based in belfast

Got round to it at the weekend.

I loved it for the bits where he enjoyed music. Oldest man in the room and jumping all over at his first punk gig or him and his wife losing their mind when Peel plays Teenage Kicks twice.

The bloke that played John Peel was shite like.

Oldboy. Pointless american version of the classic Korean film. Was fairly surprised to see that the most of the ending remained intact but really Elizabeth Olsen's tits are about the only decent thing about it.

Doubt. Fantastic acting all round unsurprisingly and a pretty decent film (although I don't think there was much doubt in the end). The black lads's mothers reaction was more than a bit odd to my mind like.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

As with any Wes Anderson film, you'll love this if you enjoy Wes anderson films. This one feels the most dolls housey of all of them, but it works.

Laughed all the way through, Ralph Fiennes is an uncannily terrific comic actor. I can only think of In Bruges where he's been involved in a comedy film. Superb timing, delivery and some pretty damn good one-liners.

8/10

My personal gripe with the film though is Owen Wilson only got about 5 minutes in the whole thing. Normally Anderson conjures a great dreamlike performance out of him where others just throw him in shite family comedies.

This is the End

A few years ago Rob Newman used to do a bit in his stand-up about the Manchester rave/music scene where he reckoned the place was completely fucked by too many drugs - this came to mind watching this film as I would imagine too many drugs (and indulgent finance) lead to ideas like this.

Having said that I still quite enjoyed it - I'm a sucker for OTT comic book violence.

Watched Gravity on Monday, aye it was ok but nothing more. Re-watched 'Volver' last night, it's a decent film worth watching if you've never seen it but to be honest I only put it on again through boredom and a fancy to see Penelope Cruz's lovely visage.

Watched Gravity on Monday, aye it was ok but nothing more. Re-watched 'Volver' last night, it's a decent film worth watching if you've never seen it but to be honest I only put it on again through boredom and a fancy to see Penelope Cruz's lovely visage.

Yeah I also don't really understand all the fuss around Gravity. OK, nothing more.