Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Reynolds was grand as deadpool, the script/movie itself was god awful

Nah. Not right for the part; his bouncy teen take and the part itself was a piss poor adaptation of the character. I couldn't say who I'd have instead, because any actor wouldn't have been able to do anything else in that film.

I don't see how Deadpool translates very well to film, much more translatable through the video game medium (even then, they didn't do the best job - it all got a bit Duke Nukem-esque).

Definitely not going to see the Deadpool film. I'm aware I'm being a fanboy, but I'm not going to be a grown man who shouts at a superhero movie in a room full of people. :lol:

Nah. Not right for the part; his bouncy teen take and the part itself was a piss poor adaptation of the character. I couldn't say who I'd have instead, because any actor wouldn't have been able to do anything else in that film.

I don't see how Deadpool translates very well to film, much more translatable through the video game medium (even then, they didn't do the best job - it all got a bit Duke Nukem-esque).

Definitely not going to see the Deadpool film. I'm aware I'm being a fanboy, but I'm not going to be a grown man who shouts at a superhero movie in a room full of people. :lol:

That was more to do with the script and the direction imo. Ledger might have been a decent Deadpool.

To be honest, I think Deadpool would only work if they did a run of Marvel Knights movies; Punisher, Deadpool & maybe Black Widow/Hawkeye? All rated R, all smaller budget than the Avengers stable and all just to keep the Marvel behemoth rumbling on. In fact I'd be tempted to do 3 short movies (just under an hour). Deadpool acting as narrator and tying two or three stories together until the culmination.

Also just seen TASM2.

Overall I enjoyed it - good movie for someone who was a major fan of TASM cartoon from the 90s. Riddled with annoying bits and moments that add nothing to the film.

Can see the split over Garfield's spidey, but he's a good fit for the role. The one-liners come as a part of the character, although by the end I was going mad at hearing the spiderman themesong.

Good bits: 1)

The handling of Gwen's death was spot on. Great scene and for me, the film could've ended on a major high note right there. Shame there won't be anymore Amy Stone but she was the right fit for the role.

Yeah, really liked this. Thought it was spot on and EMMA Stone nailed the character.

2) Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan both turned in sound performances. Like DeHaan a lot, took to the Harry Osbourne character well. They rushed his descent into villainy though. Agree with this too, might have been better if

Harry sent off Electro to do the dirty work and held back, only going for the Goblin gear after Electro failed

3) End credit scene. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique will be one to watch. Not sure what movie this will be though? This is a clip to tease for the new Xmen film. Part of the deal in breaking Marc Webb's FOX contract to direct ASM.

Bad bits:

1) Fuck off with shite cgi. The truck chase scene added nothing but to lazily introduce a character. Leads to... I watched it in 2D and I'm guessing a lot of it was choreographed to have bits flying towards the 3D viewers' faces?

2) Fuck off with this Rhino. I appreciate transfering the comic version to the screen is difficult, but some nobend poorly-acted-stereotypical russian baddie blatantly being shoehorned in to the upcoming Sinister Six film didn;t work at all. Just awful. Paul Giamatti is a very good actor, why cast him, of all people, as an idiot sociopathic thug? There are plenty of stock leviathans out there. Odd casting, poor cgi at the end. they just fucked Rhino up badly imo.

3)

Setting up the Sinister Six film just by throwing all their origins into Oscorp's special project room. It's going to be shit. Stop tying so many bad guys/plot devices to Oscorp, it’s lazy as hell.

Sony don't seem to get that: More Goodies = Good, More Baddies = Bad. 3 villains for Spiderman to take on makes the bad guys seem weak and reduces the tension imo. When Loki easily manipulates the Avengers it requires them to work together and that's kind of what the point is. When you've three badguys and Spiderman still comes out on top, it's just a bit... Yeehaw American and that's DC's wheelhouse, not Marvel.

4) Didn’t buy Jamie Foxx as a quiet, social outcast. I didn’t mind the adaptation of Electro otherwise. I liked Foxx's Electro

Miles better than the first one, but it’s gutting that they couldn’t have let the license go so that we could’ve had Spiderman in the Avengers. Would’ve really been something special. Not even bothered about seeing Spiderman "team up" I just think Marvel/Disney do a better job of these movies than Sony and Fox do.

Amy Stone :lol: There's an Emily and an Amy at work and I get the two mixed up, I see it carries over to actresses too.

Don't mind Spidey vs 3 bad guys so much, but there's a huge difference between simply throwing them at your titular hero and properly working in a brilliant villain ie Loki in AA. I think it's lazy filmmaking to have so many of the evil characters originating from Oscorp.

I'd love to see a Joss Whedon-directed Spiderman film someday.

That was more to do with the script and the direction imo. Ledger might have been a decent Deadpool.

To be honest, I think Deadpool would only work if they did a run of Marvel Knights movies; Punisher, Deadpool & maybe Black Widow/Hawkeye? All rated R, all smaller budget than the Avengers stable and all just to keep the Marvel behemoth rumbling on. In fact I'd be tempted to do 3 short movies (just under an hour). Deadpool acting as narrator and tying two or three stories together until the culmination.

Bettany? Ledger as Deadpool would've been superb.

Punisher and Deadpool movies would be grand, but were licenses no issue I wouldn't see Disney wanting in. I've enjoyed the two Punisher films I've seen though (loved Ray Stevenson).

I'd be very surprised if Black Widow didn't get her own film.

The rumour is the Deadpool plotline features an alt. universe Deadpool going after Ryan Reynolds. Deadpool Kills Deadpool, effectively. Hope they keep the opening scene where Headpool gets microwaved if that's the case. :glare:

Bettany? Ledger as Deadpool would've been superb.

Punisher and Deadpool movies would be grand, but were licenses no issue I wouldn't see Disney wanting in. I've enjoyed the two Punisher films I've seen though (loved Ray Stevenson).

I'd be very surprised if Black Widow didn't get her own film.

The rumour is the Deadpool plotline features an alt. universe Deadpool going after Ryan Reynolds. Deadpool Kills Deadpool, effectively. Hope they keep the opening scene where Headpool gets microwaved if that's the case. :glare:

Thought Stevenson was shit compared to Jane.

Disney wouldn't need to be involved in the actual production, and I'm sure if someone else were to make them they'd be happy to take the money for it. Especially if it meant they can further saturate the market with their product.

I think "alt universe" stuff might be a struggle unless Guardians goes well. A simple "That's not the real Deadpool" might work...

Don't think Bettany is ... manic? enough for Deadpool.

Philomena - thought Coogan was mis-cast. Funnily enough, given what was said in a thread on here, i think someone like Martin Freeman would have been better as Martin Sixsmith. Good story.

Saving Mr Banks - Emma Thompson is absolutely mint, love her to bits. Surprisingly good film.

The Great Gatsby - Never read the book so was happy to know the story properly. Produced by Jay-Z and you could tell. Again i think Di Caprio was the wrong choice, nothing really great about him. Another good story though.

12 Years a Slave - Fucking hell.

Marley - A superb documentary about the life of Bob Marley. Highly recommend it. Made by Kevin Macdonald (Last King of Scotland), its lush on so many levels. The hilarity of the patois and the characters bu its also a great historical and political film whilst being really moving. Goes into the details of the violent politics and how he became the figurehead for social unity. There is an incredible scene when he returns from his exile in London to play the One Love Peace concert to bring about peace between the PNP and JLP, the competing political parties that have been at war in Kingston. Goes into his role in the Zimbabwe Liberation movement too, a concert he plays gets tear-gassed and whilst the crowd, band and crew all start spluttering and running for cover, he carries playing, not arsed.

Yeh mon.

• 4 weeks later...

X-Men Days Of Future Past. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as I did with first class) but I don't understand how Xavier was alive in the future after what happened at the end of Last Stand. I've not seen the last Wolverine film so I'm not sure if it's mentioned in that.

X-Men Days Of Future Past. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as I did with first class) but I don't understand how Xavier was alive in the future after what happened at the end of Last Stand. I've not seen the last Wolverine film so I'm not sure if it's mentioned in that.

You were supposed to stop to the end of the credits in last stand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVoTt35Uw0

It's accepted that EVERY comic film will have a post credits scene now like.

Godzilla....not a huge fan of action blockbusters but really enjoyed it. Try to see it on the biggest screen you can, the monster scenes are pretty full on, waiting for the dvd would be a bit of a waste iyam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:lol:

Just watching the original Planet of the apes with Charlton Heston (while I have my tea).

Not only is he having a cigar whilst flying this spaceship, he also rests in on top of the dash in between puffs.

Tickled my fancy anyway.

Spring Breakers. Awful :lol:

:lol: My lass watched that a few month ago, what a total pile of shite it was. The lasses were something to look at, but Francos acting and accent was shambolic.

I banned her from picking movies for 3 month after that nightmare pick.