Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Copout

I know Kevin Smith had a hard time with Bruce Willis and it shows, with a shite performance and a complete mess of a story/edit. However, Tracey Morgan makes me giggle like a mother fucker. Makes the whole film worthwhile.

Iron man 2

Total crud

Turbo

Kermode had put me off it, but the bairn enjoyed the race scenes and copied the noises and there were a couple of laughs in it.

Philomena

Excellent stuff. Laughed all the way through but have been left a bit melancholy in the end.

Love rainy days me.

I was thoroughly enjoying it but had to turn it off after he told Don Cheadle only black people were drug dealers. :lol:

Looking forward to the rest of it.

It's well worth continuing with. There's an excellent bit in a diner with him, a prostitute and sir Davos. Not sure if you'll be past that bit yet or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing his new one. Got great reviews but a couple of my mates went to see it and didn't think it was a good.

It's well worth continuing with. There's an excellent bit in a diner with him, a prostitute and sir Davos. Not sure if you'll be past that bit yet or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing his new one. Got great reviews but a couple of my mates went to see it and didn't think it was a good.

'Calvary'. I thought it was brilliant. It's maybe a little bit more subtle than 'The Guard'.

I think 'Calvary' is my favourite of the two (I really liked 'The Guard' too) and Kelly Reilly looks great in it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy

Very well cast, some snappy dialogue and plenty of genuine laughs. Action sequences were great fun and the film looked absolutely stunning. Really superb.

Unfortunately, the Breakfast Club-esque sob story scene in the middle didn't work at all. Give the characters some back story, don't just have them blurt theirs out in a few lines.

Also, what the actual fuck was the point in featuring the Collector so briefly?

More importantly - that end credit scene. THAT end credit scene. Appalling. No scene-setting, no teaser for upcoming Guardians or general Marvel films. This was meant to bring us into the next phase and it certainly fell flat, other than to vaguely move towards explaining the macguffins of the previous films.

Mentiond this to Two Joints recently but if anyone likes atrociously bad films then you should really check out The Room. Apparently it has a cult following (I can see why) in America and it gets shown from time to time in places like the Tyneside Cinema but I only recently heard about it. One of the 'stars' co-wrote a book about it which came out recently called The Disaster Artist. It's been referred to as 'The Citizen Kane of bad movies'. Here's a scene where Johnny has just been falsely accused of hitting his girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

Another great one is this one where Mike tells Johnny about an incident where he broke into Johnny's apartment to have sex with his lass (Mike's that is):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXkcZh_kqY

The film has numerous subplots which are never developed and characters whose relationships to one another is never really explained.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Very well cast, some snappy dialogue and plenty of genuine laughs. Action sequences were great fun and the film looked absolutely stunning. Really superb.

Unfortunately, the Breakfast Club-esque sob story scene in the middle didn't work at all. Give the characters some back story, don't just have them blurt theirs out in a few lines.

Also, what the actual fuck was the point in featuring the Collector so briefly?

More importantly - that end credit scene. THAT end credit scene. Appalling. No scene-setting, no teaser for upcoming Guardians or general Marvel films. This was meant to bring us into the next phase and it certainly fell flat, other than to vaguely move towards explaining the macguffins of the previous films.

Saw this last night at the IMAX at Waterloo. Really enjoyable blockbuster, they nailed the humour

Loved the bit with the prosthetic leg

and the action, but I agree the back stories were fairly twee & crow-barred in.

The Collector is a set up for the next Guardians movie.

Are you talking about Howard the Duck? It was just a daft Guardians of the Galaxy-esque bit of nonsense, which is fine. I don't think that scene was supposed to do anything but get a laugh, which it did.

Fuck me. :lol: How's it even possible to act that unnaturally.

:lol: Awesome, isn't it?

Tommy Wiseau (Johnny / the guy with the long hair) who also wrote/diercted/produced/financed the film :lol: has appeared in some other stuff since but he's acting ham on purpose in satires of bad movies and from the clips I've seen they're actually just bad films. The Room being done in such an earnest yet utterly execrable way is what makes it so bad it's good.

Saw this last night at the IMAX at Waterloo. Really enjoyable blockbuster, they nailed the humour

Loved the bit with the prosthetic leg

and the action, but I agree the back stories were fairly twee & crow-barred in.

The Collector is a set up for the next Guardians movie.

Are you talking about Howard the Duck? It was just a daft Guardians of the Galaxy-esque bit of nonsense, which is fine. I don't think that scene was supposed to do anything but get a laugh, which it did.

Alright lads, which characters were you looking for some development on?

Was it Rocket the gun-toting racoon? Groot, the tree-like humanoid? The deadly and enigmatic Gamora? Or Drax the Destroyer? Or perhaps Ronan, the powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe?

Alright lads, which characters were you looking for some development on?

Was it Rocket the gun-toting racoon? Groot, the tree-like humanoid? The deadly and enigmatic Gamora? Or Drax the Destroyer? Or perhaps Ronan, the powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe?

:lol: we get it, you don't like comic book movies, you don't like flair players, you don't like human organs, you don't like hoovering and you don't like normal knees.