Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

:lol: Awesome, isn't it?

Tommy Wiseau (Johnny / the guy with the long hair) who also wrote/diercted/produced/financed the film :lol: has appeared in some other stuff since but he's acting ham on purpose in satires of bad movies and from the clips I've seen they're actually just bad films. The Room being done in such an earnest yet utterly execrable way is what makes it so bad it's good.

Edit - Aye it's an awful film. A couple of mates were showing me youtube clips of it recently. Reckon they just shove it on if they come home pissed and laugh like mad at it.

Meanwhile I watched Cloud Atlas - which was awesome.

He killed himself didn't he? Aye it's an awful film. A couple of mates were showing me youtube clips of it recently. Reckon they just shove it on if they come home pissed and laugh like mad at it.

It's all right, but I wouldn't say it was all that good.

Few of the performances worked imo, and Halle Berry hasn't turned in a good performance for as long as I can remember

Edit - Aye it's an awful film. A couple of mates were showing me youtube clips of it recently. Reckon they just shove it on if they come home pissed and laugh like mad at it.

You've ruined the ending for everyone now.

You've ruined the ending for everyone now.

Ah :lol:

I was told the actual director did - something his Wiki agreed with about a month ago - I never bothered with the film all the way through.

Ah :lol:

I was told the actual director did - something his Wiki agreed with about a month ago - I never bothered with the film all the way through.

Nah, he's still alive as far as I know. I was being serious about the ending though :lol:

There's this other 'great' scene in it where a few of the blokes including Johnny turn up at his apartment in tuxedos. You think it's because someone (possibly Johnny and his girlfriend Lisa) are actually getting married (it's mentioned they're engaged throughout). They then go outside and play American football in the street wearing their tuxedos. And that's it :lol: i.e. no explanation as to why they're dressed like that and no subsequent mention of it. Like I was saying to Gemmill, you just can't fake that level of shit writing. It's almost an art. Apparently it was all based on a 600 page novel that Wiseau (the bloke behind it all wrote). Which is particularly funny since virtually nothing happens in the entire fucking movie.

Aye might have to give the full thing a shot. We watched a youtube of somebody dissecting it which was class.

Also some mad part of Mac and Me - which is funny when a group of you are pissed.

Aye might have to give the full thing a shot. We watched a youtube of somebody dissecting it which was class.

Also some mad part of Mac and Me - which is funny when a group of you are pissed.

Apparently Paul Rudd breaks that out every time he's on an American talkshow instead of his latest movie clip.

Haven't seen that before :lol: Superb. We should keep posting stuff this in here just to annoy the cineastes.

Saw this last night at the IMAX at Waterloo. Really enjoyable blockbuster, they nailed the humour

Loved the bit with the prosthetic leg

and the action, but I agree the back stories were fairly twee & crow-barred in.

The Collector is a set up for the next Guardians movie.

Are you talking about Howard the Duck? It was just a daft Guardians of the Galaxy-esque bit of nonsense, which is fine. I don't think that scene was supposed to do anything but get a laugh, which it did.

Yes, Howard the Duck. I didn't laugh. I was more interested to know what happened to the Aether given the macguffins have been identified as infinity stones. We've had the teaser for the Collector, but he's been pretty castrated given his entire collection has been destroyed. (Apart from the Aether?)

Alright lads, which characters were you looking for some development on?

Was it Rocket the gun-toting racoon? Groot, the tree-like humanoid? The deadly and enigmatic Gamora? Or Drax the Destroyer? Or perhaps Ronan, the powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe?

It was more the director thinking "oh shit, we actually know fuck all about these characters - better put some back story in" and then having a quick Breakfast Club-style roundup halfway through a film that is essentially all focussed on action. Also, the almost-romance between Starlord and Gamora was so hastily and unnecessarily done everyone lost interest in it.

Enjoyable film from a brainless superhero action movie point of view, but they shouldn't have given it to someone whose only other significant credit is Super.

This makes me worry even more about the cornettoless Ant Man being shit.

Yes, Howard the Duck. I didn't laugh. I was more interested to know what happened to the Aether given the macguffins have been identified as infinity stones. We've had the teaser for the Collector, but he's been pretty castrated given his entire collection has been destroyed. (Apart from the Aether?)

This makes me worry even more about the cornettoless Ant Man being shit.

Won't the next Avengers film include another infinity gem? Aether, Tesseract & the Orb are accounted for, The collector may well already have one of the others? I dunno. Anyway, the Collector is just an agent of the proper big bad; Thanos.

It would have been pretty hard to do an after credits scene that tied in, unless they just did another Asgard/Collector thing?

Won't the next Avengers film include another infinity gem? Aether, Tesseract & the Orb are accounted for, The collector may well already have one of the others? I dunno. Anyway, the Collector is just an agent of the proper big bad; Thanos.

It would have been pretty hard to do an after credits scene that tied in, unless they just did another Asgard/Collector thing?

They'll probably have some new infinity gem introduced, although given the tesseract has been used to 'create' Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch then maybe it'll return instead.

The Collector has/had the Aether, one of the infinity gems, no idea about any others yet. Part of his motivation I'd assume would be to keep it away from Thanos, rather than for him. Then again they might be going a different route with the Collector in this universe.

Given the Aether's likely to float into the next living organism it touches, we could've had it going into the Collector, a being who'd be strong enough to use it. That would've been an awesome set up for the next phase of Marvel films. But instead we got Howard the Duck.

Not getting the feel that Thanos is the supreme all-powerful threat to the universe yet. Early days in terms of their long term narrative, though.

Maybe they made sure the end credit scene was that shit on purpose to keep fan theories going crazy.