Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Fistful Of Dollars....

Brillant

128265[/snapback]

It's class like, if you haven't seen it, you should check out 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'.

128314[/snapback]

Favourite film ever is that ;)

Just watched Once Upon A Time In The West, you could say im in a western mood, always good to see Claudia Carnelle as well looking absolutely stunning

Fistful Of Dollars....

Brillant

128265[/snapback]

It's class like, if you haven't seen it, you should check out 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'.

I watched 'Sonatine' starring 'Beat' Takeshi last night. Cracking film.

128314[/snapback]

I actually saw a challenger win on Takeshi's Castle the other day. ;)

Boyo man, you've been waiting with baited breath for about 6 months for Silent Hill to come out. I don't know how to break this to you, but that's kind of damaged your reputation as a film critic! ;)

:razz:

yeah, I began to take a hint when it only became me who posted on that thread...!

Still didn't stop me thou! ;)

129012[/snapback]

You get credit for those two legends though in your sig :razz:

Was going to say something next to that sig, but thought well what's there to say...the picture says it all...! I'd have it framed and put on my wall if I could.

Michael & Vito Corleone ;) ....

Robert De Niro

Travis Bickle

Jimmy Conway

Sam 'Ace' Rothstein

Jake La Motta

Max Cady.....

Al Pacino

Tony Montana

Don't get me wrong I love Scarface & Al Pacino, but Robert De Niro wins hands down for actor to play the most legendary roles in gangster or psychotic movies.

Both gone off the boil, making crap movies of late though.  Particularly Pacino.

129021[/snapback]

So has Bobby like, although has anyone so his foray with 80's comedy in Midnight Run? fucking awful ;)

Both gone off the boil, making crap movies of late though.  Particularly Pacino.

129021[/snapback]

So has Bobby like, although has anyone so his foray with 80's comedy in Midnight Run? fucking awful ;)

129023[/snapback]

Midnight Run is a classic man!

129021[/snapback]

129023[/snapback]

Midnight Run is a classic man!

129025[/snapback]

It's shite man, and i'm saying this with De Niro being me favourite actor! and Taggart out of Beverly Hills cop making an appearance as well!

Three nights ago watched New Jersey with Ben Affleck.. I only watched it cos I thought it was with Ben Stiller butit turned out to be a good film..

Two nights ago I watched once upon a time in mexico.. Depp isnt just a pretty face

Last night I watched thirteen, which was by far the poorest out of my three night stint of films watched

Was going to say something next to that sig, but thought well what's there to say...the picture says it all...!  I'd have it framed and put on my wall if I could.

Michael & Vito Corleone  ;) ....

Robert De Niro

Travis Bickle

Jimmy Conway

Sam 'Ace' Rothstein

Jake La Motta

Max Cady.....

Vito Corleone

Michael Vronsky

Rupert Pupkin

David 'Noodles' Aaronson

Al Pacino

Tony Montana

Carlito 'Charlie' Brigante

Don Michael Corleone

Sonny (DDA)

Frank Serpico

Don't get me wrong I love Scarface & Al Pacino, but Robert De Niro wins hands down for actor to play the most legendary roles in gangster or psychotic movies.

129018[/snapback]

I've amended your lists, but De Niro still wins.

Scarface (1932)

Amazing how modern and real this still seems, Paul Muni gives a masterful performance in the lead as the ill educated yet strangely charismatic bully boy. Being on a bit of a gangster kick I watched this on the back of Cagney's Public Enemy and I was struck by how different the two were despite being made only a year apart (Public Enemy coming out in '31). While Cagney's Public Enemy is a tough kid who likes to act big, Muni's Scarface is a nastier character altogether, nastier and more charming at the same time. I hightly recommend this to anyone who wants to see where cinema's obsession with gangsters really hit its stride. The damning indictment of gangsters at the start is laughable when you see how sympathetically they're portrayed. I like to think it was a knowing irony on the part of the great Howard Hawks. George Raft plays his best friend and right hand man and spot Boris Karloff as a rival boss.

Creep

Wasn't scary, wasn't entertaining, wasn't much of anything really.

Ok for a rental I guess but could've been so much better...

That said I did laugh at:

"Jimmy give me a fag"

"There's one between your fingers love"

;)

Watched that Silent Hill movie last night

Its alright, bit weird. Could've done with a bit better plot development or a bit more weird "scary" stuff. Kind of fell in the middle doing a bit of both but excelling at neither. Not a great film but not bad

You can still enjoy the movie, but just don't take it off face value, actually think about what's happening 'in' the movie as your watching it. It's basically for clever people like myself.  :blush:

126982[/snapback]

I watched it without playing the game and understood it. it all gets explained at the end anyway so whats not to understand?

except the fact that they appear to be in 2 different dimensions at the end ;)

You can still enjoy the movie, but just don't take it off face value, actually think about what's happening 'in' the movie as your watching it. It's basically for clever people like myself.  :blush:

126982[/snapback]

I watched it without playing the game and understood it. it all gets explained at the end anyway so whats not to understand?

except the fact that they appear to be in 2 different dimensions at the end ;)

129830[/snapback]

The plot was weak in that you had basically no chance in guessing that the world was a dream like state and everyone was already dead. The sum up at the end just cheesed it up, if they could've developed the plot a bit more then that wouldn't have been needed.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - How badly promoted was this? It's taken me a year to see it and all that time I was thinking it was a (not quite art-house, but high brow) cop thriller with a few laughs thrown in. It's actually a hilarious buddy cop comedy that constantly rips the shit out of itself and similar Hollywood fare. I'd recommend it to anyone who liked The Beverly Hills Cop films, The Big Lebowski, 48 Hours etc.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - How badly promoted was this?  It's taken me a year to see it and all that time I was thinking it was a (not quite art-house, but high brow) cop thriller with a few laughs thrown in.  It's actually a hilarious buddy cop comedy that constantly rips the shit out of itself and similar Hollywood fare.  I'd recommend it to anyone who liked The Beverly Hills Cop films, The Big Lebowski, 48 Hours etc.

130047[/snapback]

quoted for truth

watched Crash then this, perfect evening of films a few weeks ago.

I watched Heat last night - very good, De Niro excellent as usual.

I am seriously considering splitting up with my girlfriend after she texted me this morning after watching Crash, and failing to understand it.