Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Exactly. Ironically, given the condition of Hawking, Turing was too much of a robot to empathise with as much.

Ah good point. Turing caught me more off guard cause I knew less about him. Hawking at least had some semblence of a private life for refuge, yet there seemed nowhere for Turing.

But will win an award because it is about actors and acting. They love that shit.

You're right tbh, must admit I'm hoping it doesn't win on account of how shit it was but it no doubt will win some awards.

By the way, watched Birdman as well. What a load of self indulgent shit. I fought the urge to turn it off all the way through.

Agreed. Did actually turn off though.

Watched Big Fan last night... Meh, Patton Oswalt gets beat up by his favourite NY Giants players, he subsequently gets suspended and the team turns shit.

Now you no longer need to watch it. :lol:

Ex Machina. It felt a bit like an episode of Black Mirror (possibly just because it had Domhnall Gleeson in who was in an episode of Black Mirror where he played an artificial intelligence) but I enjoyed it. Gleeson and Isaac are both good and the ending was quite twisty (although one of the twists I think was supposed to be blatently obvious).

Blue Valentine. Poignant, if a bit depressing for a Saturday night, portrayal of a disintegrating marriage. Nice juxtaposition between the druse point and happier times. 7/10

Virunga.

Netflix documentary about the struggle faced in the Congo national park of the same name. Lots of in-depth interviews with the rangers and the bond that they have with the Gorilla colony there.

Quite a bit of it is also focused around the SOCCO oil company and how they are illegally drilling for oil in the park. Following on from that it shows the impact this will have on the local people and how if you grease a few palms they don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Feel like I'm not selling it enough but it was a definite 10/10 for me.

Wild. Thought it was ok in a Straight Story sort of way.

John Wick. Seemed a bit like Keanu Reeves trying to do a Steven Segal film with lots of action but very little plot. Got quite a decent supporting cast for the quality of film it is. Watchable in an 80's/90's actioner way.

The Wolverine. I'd heard it was shit and had it for ages without bothering to watch it but I was off sick yesterday and couldn't be arsed with deadline day so I gave it a go. Was surprisingly watchable. Yes if I'm going to watch an XMen film I want more mutants than that but it wasn't bad at all.

Virunga.

Netflix documentary about the struggle faced in the Congo national park of the same name. Lots of in-depth interviews with the rangers and the bond that they have with the Gorilla colony there.

Quite a bit of it is also focused around the SOCCO oil company and how they are illegally drilling for oil in the park. Following on from that it shows the impact this will have on the local people and how if you grease a few palms they don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Feel like I'm not selling it enough but it was a definite 10/10 for me.

Watched this the other week and enjoyed it too. The contrast of seeing that half drunk ex-special forces British bloke banging on about how no one gives a fuck about the gorillas and the locals just pretend to care because they're sitting on vast natural resources with the lad who worked with the gorillas everyday was powerful. Powerful documentary.