Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye it's great. I fucking cannot believe that Birdman won the Oscar btw.

Actors patting themselves on the back for being actors patting themselves on the back for being actors.

They get well paid, go to the oscars to tell each other how lush they all are, and when a Brit wins it expect an over the top, upper middle class buffoon speech just to ham it up for the Yanks. No working class actors in Britain, is there?

Aye it's great. I fucking cannot believe that Birdman won the Oscar btw.

Actors patting themselves on the back for being actors patting themselves on the back for being actors.

Those fukin actors and their acting.

Have you seen it? It's fucking dire.

Thought it was pretty average. That is the kind of role Hoffman would have nailed.

Batman overdid it scene after scene. The problem these days is that directors are often very visual and not so keyed into the flow of time...Pathos works when you know the moments to slow it down...Birdman was high style with some nice ideas but for me the core of the story was a kind of Pathos that just wasn't allowed to come through. Rage isn't enough. Way too much twitchy dialogue.

Redmayne and Cucumberpatch are better actors, a lot more going on in the eyes.

Edited by Park Life

Inherent Vice.

Very trippy but overlong with some long tedious dialogue heavy scenes that looked as if they had been shot on video and put in later.

However there was something under the surface here that may or may not be rewarding from a second viewing.

5.6/10

Edited by Park Life

Birdman: Watched it to see what the fuss was about after it won Best Picture or whatever at the Oscars. Definitely worth a watch.

Edge of Tomorrow: Tom Cruise might be in the running for world's biggest douche but you've got to admit he makes really good movies.

The Maze Runner: Predictable garbage teen sci-fi. Enjoyable enough by the end that its not a complete waste of time I guess. It does seem that any old shit is worthy of being made into a trilogy these days.

Chappie - Quite enjoyed it. Does a good job of portraying an AI robot and the ethics around it. Also really good special effects without resorting to CGI Transformers overkill

Not seen it but the trailer reminded me of the short circuit films...

Chappie - Quite enjoyed it. Does a good job of portraying an AI robot and the ethics around it. Also really good special effects without resorting to CGI Transformers overkill

It was dredful man. A clunky mashup of old Robocop ideas and comicbook villans. I sat there thinking is this the guy that did the 'prawns' film?

There was that one funny car nicking scene which had me really laughing tho.

Edited by Park Life