Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Btw, the next housing crash will hit as soon as rates start to go up. Hopefully the powers that be have systems in place to lower the impact.

This also tickled me. Help to buy is really helping prevent prices staying artificially inflated innit. Not to mention all those new houses that are being built to address the supply and demand problem. Powers that be have it covered :lol:

The Tories want to keep prices inflated. Middle England feel all warm and tingly when they see the value of their home rise and are more likely to continue to vote for them.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Got to stop posting this stuff in here. Fish won't be happy.

I'm not happy it's happening in here, but I do take some pleasure from seeing your position mocked.

Edited by The Fish

Magnificent 7 - Dreadful. 3/10

War Dogs - Some funny bits and a thoughtful ending a la Liberal Hollywood take on arms dealers and war. 6/10

The Green Room - Early doors comments - 'Fuck are they gonna be trapped in this room the whole film'?  'B' Movie pastiche. 3/10

High Rise - Those BBC CV laden Directors get one crack at it....Early pace too fast so had nowhere to go when it speeded up it became a blur of nonsense..4/10 (The book ain't all that either).

The Ones Below - Those BBC laden directors etc.....Actually had a bit of tension to it for about an hour and then fell over itself...Overaught...Shot like Easteneders. # Hot Finnish actess. 6.2/10

Why are these psychological dramas so fucking over lit? And why is the camera so neutral.....Comparing it to Polanski is just laughable.

Edited by Park Life

I really liked Nice Guys and Green Room.

Watched the new Star Trek the other day and thought it was average.  As was The Girl On The Train.  It seemed to be aiming to be something like Gone Girl but fell short and ended up in chick flick territory.

A United Kingdom

The political maneuvering on both sides (UK & Bottswana) and the difficult decisions of the real Labour and Tory leadership were much more interesting to me than the love story or the Davenport character portrayed as a vindictive racist.  

Dogville.

A bit weird with the film set but it probably added to the claustrophobic atmosphere plus the fact that everyone was visible to the viewer in their houses. Plus Nicole Kidman. :knowing wink smilie here:

Started watching Yoga Hosers last night but turned it off in disgust.  I managed to get all the way through Tusk which was awful but this was miles worse.  What the fuck has gone wrong with Kevin Smith?  I know he was never what some people made him out to be but the complete lack of any sort of quality in his films now makes me wonder how any of them get made.

Fair play to you for giving a movie with a 4.6 rating a go in the first place, but them again one of my all time favourite comedies scored worse.

Any guesses? ;)

clerks, mallrats and chasing amy were all mint. he's made a series of stinkers since though

Dogma definitely should be included.

I enjoyed Jay and Silent Bob though admit it's not up to the standard of that list.