Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

16 minutes ago, strawb said:

He comes out of this looking alright, but that’s compared to the main guy who was a tosser to everyone (if a funny one)

Just stuff I've read about him in a few articles. Always thought the National Lampoon films were canny funny though.

When I saw Kevin Smith live he mentioned that Chase was a complete dick. 

Funnily enough it was in the context of Jason Lee wanting to be in a Fletch reboot but Harvey Weinstein blocked it as Lee wasn't a big enough star (or maybe his wife wasn't game). 

On 29/01/2018 at 13:30, David Kelly said:

12 Strong.  Thor as the captain of a special forces team who join up with an Afghan warlord to make the first strike against the Taliban after 9/11.  It's all very American but it's a decent watch.

:lol:

Sounds appalling.

Downsizing.  I've got no idea what sort of film this was supposed to be and I don't think the director did either.  It felt like it should be a comedy but for the first twenty minutes or so I was waiting for some humour without any appearing and really the Thai actress in it was the only one who bring any humour at all.  She was excellent and so was Christoph Walz and Damon was ok.  In end I sort of enjoyed it but was left confused by what it was aiming for.

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Downsizing.  I've got no idea what sort of film this was supposed to be and I don't think the director did either.  It felt like it should be a comedy but for the first twenty minutes or so I was waiting for some humour without any appearing and really the Thai actress in it was the only one who bring any humour at all.  She was excellent and so was Christoph Walz and Damon was ok.  In end I sort of enjoyed it but was left confused by what it was aiming for.

Been roundly panned as an absolutely pointless film.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Can't imagine I'm that high up on the filmmakers considerations tbh.

It was the filmmakers idea to appeal to a broad church of people, specifically to those who enjoy 15 American heroes on horses alongside Thor chinning 15,000 Taliban fighters. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was the filmmakers idea to appeal to a broad church of people, specifically to those who enjoy 15 American heroes on horses alongside Thor chinning 15,000 Taliban fighters. 

We've moved on to Downsizing now man.  You're slower than Gloomy with his Slimani tracking ;)

• Like 1

Molly’s Game - A pretty dull story supposedly made interesting by gambling and the hint of Hollywood stars. And unless I was watching the U version of it I saw absolutely nothing of Chastain’s supposedly impressive tits.

Looking on bbc i player for a film to watch the other night. i found one called Drive the synopsis "stunt man by day getaway driver by night" Yeah that'll do i thought a bit of reckless car driving .without giving anything away lets say it's not reallý like that.In fact if you have an aversion to that red stuff that flows through our veins DO NOT WATCH. It put me right of my Cadburys Dairy Milk & mug of coffee.