Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

19 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Cloverfield Paradox.

Errrr, i strangely enjoyed the atmosphere and acting but the script was a shambles.

I quite liked it but I'd agree with that.  Very derivative but entertaining.  Not wanting to give any spoilers but I'm not really sure what they're doing trying to make a series of these films.

Suburbicon- thought it was very well done, Coen Bros. never disappoint. 

The only bad thing I could say, was that the trailer had DJ Shadow's song Nobody Speak, but sadly the song didn't feature in the film.

On 07/02/2018 at 10:00, David Kelly said:

I quite liked it but I'd agree with that.  Very derivative but entertaining.  Not wanting to give any spoilers but I'm not really sure what they're doing trying to make a series of these films.

Yeah, they seem to be shoehorning cloverfield into random, independent movies. 

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I turned the Cloverfield Paradox off after about 40 minutes. Absolute shite with B-movie level acting. 

As soon as Parky showed up on the News Channel with his tinfoil hat on, you knew exactly what was going to happen. 

5/7. 

On 2/12/2018 at 02:01, Gemmill said:

I turned the Cloverfield Paradox off after about 40 minutes. Absolute shite with B-movie level acting. 

Agreed, i lasted slightly longer than that, bout an hour. I thought it was too bad given all the episode to episode cross-over possibilities there were.  Its down to terrible writing/research, its a multi-verse literally everything can/will happen, could have been awesome.

I sat through the whole thing - didn't improve and was a let down. Fucking bizarre trying to pull it into some kind of alignment with the original Cloverfield which it patently wasn't written to have anything to do with.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I sat through the whole thing - didn't improve and was a let down. Fucking bizarre trying to pull it into some kind of alignment with the original Cloverfield which it patently wasn't written to have anything to do with.

I don't think 10 Cloverfield Lane was written that way either but I thought that worked really well.  Apart from the fact that name of the film gave away whether Goodman's character was just a loon or whether his claims were true.  I really liked it either way mind.

I went to see The 15:17 to Paris last night which is the new film from Clint Eastwood about the attempted terrorist attack on a train headed for Paris which was foiled by (mainly) three American tourists, two of which were off duty military.  The three real guys play themselves in the film rather than using actors.  Unfortunately this is one of a couple of reasons why the film doesn't work.  Instead of it coming across more real, it just shows them up as really bad actors.  The other main reason is that the whole attempted attack lasts about ten minutes so for the rest of the film you have a pretty uninteresting story of the three guys meeting in childhood and them growing up and then taking a trip round Europe which eventually leads to them being on the train from Amsterdam to Paris.  The guys (as well as one or two other who get short changed) are certainly heroes that prevented many deaths but unfortunately there's not enough in their story to last 94 minutes.  

19 hours ago, adios said:

Three billboards. Must watch for everyone other than CT.

:lol:

No idea what this film's about, haven't seen any trailers or anything but if anything would make me consider giving it a chance this post probably would.