Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Guardian has given Deadpool a 3 star rating which doesnt fill me with confidence that it isnt just more hype. Although their main complaint with it appears to be that its dominated by straight white men so maybe it loses points for not being 'on message'.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian has given Deadpool a 3 star rating which doesnt fill me with confidence that it isnt just more hype. Although their main complaint with it appears to be that its dominated by straight white men so maybe it loses points for not being 'on message'.

Just read it, shite.

Deadpool as actually pretty decent but not as good as the first one.  If you liked the first one I can't see why you wouldn't like this, but it's not going to win you over if you didn't.

Watched Chinatown again the other day too.  Polanski might be a horrible nonce, but he made one hell of a film here.

On 21/05/2018 at 13:22, David Kelly said:

Deadpool as actually pretty decent but not as good as the first one.  If you liked the first one I can't see why you wouldn't like this, but it's not going to win you over if you didn't.

I liked it more than the first one. More depth this time. It took a while to get the jokes flowing but nailed it in the second half.

I enjoyed Solo.  It's not a story that really needed telling (Rogue one had much more going for it on that score) and it feels the most slight of any of the Star Wars films, but it was great fun from start to finish.  The guy playing the lead was good (as were Warrelson and Newton) but Chewie and Lando were the real stars for me.  Very little sign of the force but really it delivered most of what I want from a Star Wars film.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cargo with Martin Freeman. Canny enough take on the zombie genre

Remake of Death Wish. Straight to DVD fare but better than some of Bruce Willis recent dirge 

Aye, I quite enjoyed that

New Jurassic Park film.  Didn't have anything massively wrong with it but I didn't really enjoy it much.  It started pretty well on the island with the volcano erupting, but it lost a lot when it moved away from there.

On 6/11/2018 at 13:06, David Kelly said:

New Jurassic Park film.  Didn't have anything massively wrong with it but I didn't really enjoy it much.  It started pretty well on the island with the volcano erupting, but it lost a lot when it moved away from there.

Spoilers man ffs

1 minute ago, adios said:

This is getting out of hand tbf.  @Ant please just put all DK's posts in spoiler tags by default.

Spoiler

Agreed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

That's the premise of the whole film.  Generally people whinging about spoilers is reaching ridiculous levels these days.

:lol:

Watched The Iceman recently. Jesus that bloke was insane!