Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Spoilers man ffs :finger:

I wasn't talking about the jibes at me by the way.  I was talking about how there's so many people get wound up about spoilers these days.  Most of what people complain about aren't spoilers at all.  Every synopsis or trailer would be a spoiler the way some people go on.

Took the little lad to see the new Jurassic Park film earlier. Wasn’t expecting much from the reviews, but it was good mindless fun. Good one to see on the big screen. There were a couple of moments when I almost jumped out of my skin, swearing with shock. We were both creased

Hereditary.  Whilst nowhere near as embarrassingly bad as I found Mother (the other recently lauded horror), I don't think the laughter that greeted several moments or the end of the film were what the makers had in mind.  I can't really understand the praise (I've seen it called this generations The Exorcist) it's received.  The creepiest thing about it was the daughter, and that's just the way she looks as far as I can gather.  If you're a horror fan, which I'm not, I can't imagine this will satisfy in terms of jumps or gore.  And if you're not it doesn't produce in terms of plot.  Disappointing.

Dario Argento's 1985 Phemomena with Jennifer Connolly.  Donald Pleasence and a helper monkey, what's not to love?

Fabulous if you're into Argento or campy horror in general.

The Endless and Spring by the same duo.  The former is better than the latter and not really horror in the traditional sense but it does have some horrifying concepts.  The latter is not horror in any real sense, it's a love story.

Enjoyed both and look forward to whatever they do next.  Lovely stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The First Purge.  I know this sounds a bit daft given the general premise of the Purge films, but this was a bit too far fetched.  Still i quite enjoyed the bits when it stuck to copying The Warriors and Assault On Precinct 13.

On 04/07/2018 at 16:13, Monkeys Fist said:

Next Star Wars spin-off movie to be a Boba Fett one.

I think they’re missing a trick here- any Star Wars fan worth their salt is crying out for a “rise and fall” trilogy of the Mos Eisley Cantina Band, done Spinal Tap style. 

Yup a story on Tatooine .. the jawas strike back.

• Haha 1

Skyscraper.  Absolutely brilliant.  As a film set up to provide the Rock with the chance to do ridiculous stunts in a stupid cross between The Towering Inferno and Die Hard, it is a total success.  My only disappointment was that (and apologies for the spoiler here) they wasted the opportunity to squeeze a peoples elbow in there somewhere, because it would have been perfect with the tone of the film.

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Skyscraper.  Absolutely brilliant.  As a film set up to provide the Rock with the chance to do ridiculous stunts in a stupid cross between The Towering Inferno and Die Hard, it is a total success.  My only disappointment was that (and apologies for the spoiler here) they wasted the opportunity to squeeze a peoples elbow in there somewhere, because it would have been perfect with the tone of the film.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...