Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Anyway, watched Tomb Raider because WOR LASS wanted to watch something with action in and if I’m going to do that, it’s a plus to look at Alicia Vikander for a couple of hours. Turns out it’s pretty decent when it gets going, even if the baddies are about as over-the-top evil as it gets 

Can she phase parts of her body at a moment?

On 12/30/2018 at 21:14, zerosum said:

bird box - 7 / 10 .. watchable but pretty predictable plot .. my daughter guessed the end 3/4’s through  :mad:

I enjoyed it. But the plot is essentially A Quiet Place, The Happening and I Am Legend thrown into a blender 

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I enjoyed it. But the plot is essentially A Quiet Place, The Happening and I Am Legend thrown into a blender 

yeah I enjoyed it, definitely one of the most watchable things from netflix lately 

Watched a lot of films over the festive period so can't be bothered to go through them all but I've just watched The Old Man & The Gun earlier and it's a great final performance from Robert Redford, the cast work perfectly and it's not a bad story either. Fairwell Bob!

Watched A Christmas Carol (1984 George C Scott version) on Christmas Eve, watched Where Eagles Dare a few days ago. Love them both even if they don't have any parts where people phase in and out of physical realms. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, strawb said:

The bros documentary is comedy gold

I've mentioned the show to the missus who liked them but she's said she isn't bothered about it and I just can't bring myself to watch them as they got on my tits at the time. :lol:

19 hours ago, zerosum said:

who mentioned ballad of buster scruggs in here.. ffs :icon_lol: wtf was that about?? Stopped after the gold prospector and fast forwarded through the rest. 1/10

Philistine! you missed the best story imo, Mortal Remains was excellent, took me two times watching to figure out what was happening.  

15 hours ago, tooner said:

Philistine! you missed the best story imo, Mortal Remains was excellent, took me two times watching to figure out what was happening.  

:icon_lol: I should of guessed what type of film it was after the first story and saved myself the pain 

I managed to watch it on a steam without the options so it just played through them all.  Thought it was interesting as usual but not one of the better efforts but I'm sure I would have got more from it watching it as it was intended.

8 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I managed to watch it on a steam without the options so it just played through them all.  Thought it was interesting as usual but not one of the better efforts but I'm sure I would have got more from it watching it as it was intended.

you did what? :lol:

did that not completely ruin your enjoyment of it? without the interactive element? 

i was just thinking it's shown how interactive films can be monetised in in the future. it's a template other filmmakers, in partnership with streaming platforms, will follow, i'm sure. who is going to want to d/l a pirate copy and miss all the fun? other than you, obviously. 

i fall somewhere between gemmil and ANS. the non-linear narrative was one of the poorest there has been in black mirror. but the innovation blew me away. there is nothing like it out there. how they managed to keep the film going while you made your choice then seamlessly cut to the next piece of action is beyond me. the whole thing must have taken a shitload of code to produce. 

charlie brooker is one clever fucker.

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

is it? wouldn't the graphics in that sort of thing have been a bit shit? honest question, i have no idea. 

Video would've been lower quality but FMV games ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_motion_video wiki if you're that interested) have been a thing since the 80s.