Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Just coincidental but I've watched two films in a few days that are about the US cloning it's people, firstly it was "Moon" with Sam Rockwell which somehow passed me by when it was released. It is a decent performance by Rockwell and kept me interested until the end but these sort of films never quite blow you away as there's only so far they can take the story really. The second one was "Us" which is currently at the cinema, it is pretty brutal to be fair and I thought it was well written, there's a possibility of a sequel with that final scene aswell.

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Moon was directed by Zowie Bowie iirc. Saw half of it on a plane which was good, but never got round to watching the whole thing. 

It was. But for some reason he’s changed his name. I liked it as it had an Old Skool sci-fi feel to it. Probably because they couldn’t afford much else after spunking most of the budget on getting Kevin Spacey to play a vending machine

Edited by Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Redeeming itself :lol:

The last two have been two of the highest grossing films of all time, The force awakens is still in the top 10 even when adjusting for inflation, the don't give a fuck about the screeching nerds of the internet, absolutely fuck tons of people have been to see them and bought the merch.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Redeeming itself :lol:

The last two have been two of the highest grossing films of all time, The force awakens is still in the top 10 even when adjusting for inflation, the don't give a fuck about the screeching nerds of the internet, absolutely fuck tons of people have been to see them and bought the merch.

Ok.

Redeeming themselves in my opinion. Tbh I felt that was implied :cuppa:

Yeh it was utterly gash like :lol: 

There was a couple of bits that made me laugh loud. Flying space Leia was utterly hilarious.

Also that purple haired bint who decided that the actual Star Wars plan in a Star Wars film was too male. A boring 10 minute feminist subsection, it’s like they had 15 different script writers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Aye the Last Jedi had the shadow of the prequels all over it.

the jedi (force sensitive) kids and that whole sequence was far too similar to the kid anakin/jarjar plot elements. needlessly cute.

• 2 weeks later...

Endgame

This one was actually alright since it had an air of finality and I’m sure, for people more invested than I, a lot of the big character moments were really cathartic. Unfortunately, it’s about 45 minutes too long and every scene is 60% comic relief. I hope the new batch of Marvel heroes come with new screenwriters.