Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

For the avoidance of doubt, you can ignore ewerk who liked Breaking Bad that little that he watched this within hours of it being released on Netflix. :lol:

It's basically like a really good double episode of the show. Also a reminder of funny the show was at times, which I'd forgotten about. 

• Haha 1

I'm watching it tonight. I've watched the entire series twice now, the acting, drama, and story arc are superlative. Never had ewerk down as a wrong un, but you can never ytell with taigs :whistle:

Edited by Renton

Just remember I was hating on BB before it was cool.

The film is so pointless they added the most gratuitous explosion I’ve ever seen in a film just make it look like something was happening.

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just remember I was hating on BB before it was cool.

The film is so pointless they added the most gratuitous explosion I’ve ever seen in a film just make it look like something was happening.

Spoilers man

59 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The show was so fucking slow and the film  isn’t much better. It basically could have been done and dusted in five minutes for all that the story progressed.

I don't think it was slow at all. It was completely immersive and perfectly paced. Game of Thrones was great when it was slow and turned to shit when it accelerated 

I would agree Better call Saul is a bit slow for my liking mind. Four series to get to bad Jimmy is a bit ridiculous.

Joker - Joaquin Phoenix puts on a terrific performance, I thought the film was very well written and he was perfect for the role.

El Camino - In terms of nostalgia I couldn't help but get a warm tingle at the flashbacks etc but overall it was rather bland with a lacklustre ending, he had scope to make it rather special but Vince Gilligan didn't cover himself in glory with this one. Shame really.

Thought El Camino was largely uninteresting. Jesse was only ever the 5th or 6th best character in the show so it feels like a missed opportunity to focus on him. Seems like a movie on the White family dealing with the fallout would be more interesting from a character standpoint. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seen the new Terminator film last night.  Comfortably the best since T2 which isn't a great surprise since its the first one since then that's had Linda Hamilton (who looks fucking old now by the way).  Being the best of the rest Terminator film doesn't necessarily mean that much given the quality of the others but this is certainly a decent effort.  The guy playing the terminator this time around isn't as menacing as Arnie in the original or Robert Patrick in T2 and I'm not really sure the new technology makes any sense whatsoever or is of much use, but the female leads and Arnie make up for all that.

Unfortunately I can't see there ever being a great Terminator film again.  I think the technological leap in the terminator in T2 meant that he was so close to invincible that it becomes really difficult to create a story and wow factor that can ever live up to the first two films.  Camerons involvement improved this one and if he were to direct again then that might lift it a bit but I doubt that will ever happen.

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Seen the new Terminator film last night.  Comfortably the best since T2 which isn't a great surprise since its the first one since then that's had Linda Hamilton (who looks fucking old now by the way).  Being the best of the rest Terminator film doesn't necessarily mean that much given the quality of the others but this is certainly a decent effort.  The guy playing the terminator this time around isn't as menacing as Arnie in the original or Robert Patrick in T2 and I'm not really sure the new technology makes any sense whatsoever or is of much use, but the female leads and Arnie make up for all that.

Unfortunately I can't see there ever being a great Terminator film again.  I think the technological leap in the terminator in T2 meant that he was so close to invincible that it becomes really difficult to create a story and wow factor that can ever live up to the first two films.  Camerons involvement improved this one and if he were to direct again then that might lift it a bit but I doubt that will ever happen.

I’m looking forwards to Arnie as terminator in a wheelchair with dementia 

7 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Thought they had a decent idea for a new path for the Terminator films with Salvation, but the dialogue was awful, acting shonky and it was littered with plotholes.

On 12/10/2019 at 06:56, Gemmill said:

For the avoidance of doubt, you can ignore ewerk who liked Breaking Bad that little that he watched this within hours of it being released on Netflix. :lol:

It's basically like a really good double episode of the show. Also a reminder of funny the show was at times, which I'd forgotten about. 

The episode ‘Fly’ was comic genius. 

It was definitely funnier in the first season or two - Walt and Jesse out of their depth out in the dessert, cooking in the RV, struggling to kill/dispose of dead bodies etc - before it turned dark side