Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I enjoyed inception, but I could kind of follow the plot. This just got more confusing as it went on.

The final act where half the characters were in real time and the other half were moonwalking backwards was just fucking ludicrous :lol: 

Yeah I think it’s all about following the basic plot. I’ve no idea what was happening when twilight boy was pulling them out of the cave. To be honest I had no idea who they were fighting against. But I just went with the ride. I can totally get why anyone wouldn’t like it. 

• 1 month later...

Went and seen Tenent again (I had a free Imax ticket and there was fuck all else on) and it made no more sense than the first time.  Still enjoyed it enough but it's not one of Nolan's best.

Seen Akria on Imax last week and that was quality.  Only thing is, I don't get why all foreign language animations aren't just dubbed into English.  I mean it's just a dubbing into their native language anyway.  Surely it's better to be able to watch the full screen all the time and take in all of the animation than having to focus on the subtitles?

And I went to see Saint Maude last night.  I can't really say I enjoyed it, and I was glad it was only short but as a story of a woman's decent in to madness rather than a horror film, it did have its merit.  The two main actresses in it were both very good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Dead man's shoes' on the channel 4 app. This flew under the radar as I'd never seen it and barely heard of it. Enjoyed it but a bit bleak. :good:

Aye, it’s a bit bleak alright :lol: Shane Meadows’ stuff is class. Would recommend This is England too ( the film and the various series). A Room for Romeo Brass is quality too. 

Somers Town and Once Upon A Time In The Midlands are decent too but not as good 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye, it’s a bit bleak alright :lol: Shane Meadows’ stuff is class. Would recommend This is England too ( the film and the various series). A Room for Romeo Brass is quality too. 

Somers Town and Once Upon A Time In The Midlands are decent too but not as good 

Someone else mentioned this is England but I've never seen that either. I'll give it a go if I see it. :good:

34 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Thought TIE was class for the film and the first series and it was diminishing returns from there.  It seems like I'm the minority though.

The film was probably the best but the series were class too although some of the character relationships were a bit incongruous imo. But the last episode, fuck me. Very powerful stuff. I don't mind admitting bubbling like a baby. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 13:49, David Kelly said:

Went and seen Tenent again (I had a free Imax ticket and there was fuck all else on) and it made no more sense than the first time.  Still enjoyed it enough but it's not one of Nolan's best.

Seen Akria on Imax last week and that was quality.  Only thing is, I don't get why all foreign language animations aren't just dubbed into English.  I mean it's just a dubbing into their native language anyway.  Surely it's better to be able to watch the full screen all the time and take in all of the animation than having to focus on the subtitles?

And I went to see Saint Maude last night.  I can't really say I enjoyed it, and I was glad it was only short but as a story of a woman's decent in to madness rather than a horror film, it did have its merit.  The two main actresses in it were both very good.

Akira is class like. Not seen it in years. I can’t get away with dubbed films usually  but totally agree with you re: animated ones. Pretty sure I’ve seen a dubbed version though. This was the 90s though so I might’ve just thought I could understand Japanese 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I don't know who either of them are... 

Brett Kavanagh. Kamala Harris made her name tearing him a new arsehole when Trump appointed him to the Supreme Court.

The other lad is Brock someone or other. Star of the swimming team who got a lighter sentence for rape because he had a lot of potential 

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Had you heard of Kamala Harris before she was announced as Biden's running mate?

She’s not one of the people in the photos, is she? And no 

• 1 month later...