Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I Care A Lot.  Rosamund Pike playing a character very similar to what she played in Gone Girl, ie thoroughly dislikeable but impressive in what she does.  Not a bad film and quite topical what with all the Britney Spears stuff happening.  Dianne Wiest is as reliable as ever in it too.

That Brittany doc is bonkers mind. I had no clue about her story. America is fucked up on so many levels that she has no control over her wealth, career or her life indefinitely. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I’ll bang it in here- Eddie Tagoe, who played Presuming Ed in Withnail and I…

0c65f05cdb56103a2df41f372d99c73a.jpg

… gave up acting in 1995 after parts in various movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark, and The Wall, and went back to his original career as a reflexologist for…

… NUFC. 

I guess he thought “It is the most shattering experience of a young man's life when one morning he awakes and quite reasonably says to himself "I will never play the Dane."

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Pfft, as if live on an estate, Tapas Boy. :lol:

I wasn’t trying to be funny btw, I just thought it quite a weird little fact that Presuming Ed worked for NUFC later. 

Looks pretty estatey. But yes, that is very weird.

40 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Have you seen my gaff, like? 

No!

You need to get some more shower gel by the way.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I enjoyed Promising Young Woman. 

Bit misandrist. Not a single positive male character. Even the nice guy turned out to be a creep 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I fancy seeing this 

It’s the best thing I’ve seen this year. Not an easy watch but the kind of film that you’re still thinking about days later 

• 1 month later...

I’m in the middle of watching Hostiles, a 2017 western with Christian Bale and Wes Studi. 

Somehow it completely passed me by, but so far it’s not bad at all- Injun hatin’ Bale has to transport Chief Studi to his homeland to die by order of the President. 
They pick up a woman ( Rosalind Pike) who’s family have just been massacred by another tribe of Injuns- as you can imagine, hilarity ensues.

Peter Mullan is in it, so it can’t be that bad :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...