Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I had such a crush on Jenny Agutter back then. Need to watch this again. 

Just watched it this morning. The Werewolf transformation scene would stand up in 2021. Mad that it's older than me!

My uncle let me watch it when I was 5. I didn't sleep for a week. For years my dad took great delight in waiting til I got to the top of the stairs at bed time, flicking off the lights from downstairs and singing blue moon. Cue me running back down, 3 steps at a time :lol: 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Renton said:

I had such a crush on Jenny Agutter back then. Need to watch this again. 

I watched it again a few weeks ago, a great film and I don't normally like horror films but this is so different. Jenny Agutter's tremendous in it. 👌

And I also re-watched 'Shackleton's Captain' a documentary-drama on Amazon prime, (not sure if it's available elsewhere?) which is fucking superb and mixes real life photography and film with actors playing the part and biographers/historians chipping in. Puts the monumental efforts into perspective far better than the film focusing on Shackleton where he's played by Kenneth Brannagh and gives, (rightly) his Captain, Frank Worsley his proper due. I 100% would've been Shackleton's chippie had I been there and the pettiness that he held towards the bloke who basically cannibalised their boat that helped saved their lives was particularly unnecessary. Very good watch if you haven't seen it. :good:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

And I also re-watched 'Shackleton's Captain' a documentary-drama on Amazon prime, (not sure if it's available elsewhere?) which is fucking superb and mixes real life photography and film with actors playing the part and biographers/historians chipping in. Puts the monumental efforts into perspective far better than the film focusing on Shackleton where he's played by Kenneth Brannagh and gives, (rightly) his Captain, Frank Worsley his proper due. I 100% would've been Shackleton's chippie had I been there and the pettiness that he held towards the bloke who basically cannibalised their boat that helped saved their lives was particularly unnecessary. Very good watch if you haven't seen it. :good:

Presumably, given the setting, Jenny’s nips are like chapel hat-pegs throughout? 
:lol:

• Haha 2

I rewatched An American Werewolf in London a couple of months ago after being semi-forced by my lass to watch Call the Midwife and hankering for the younger Jenny. 

Actually Call the midwife is okay from a nice, sedated viewing pov and also has some good insights into social change in the 60s.

• 1 month later...

Took the laddie to see the new Bond. 

Lots of exactly what you expect from a Bond, loads of references to past movies, and interesting ending, which I’d post IF I COULD WORK OUT SPOILER FUCKING TAGS! 

Very long though. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The Many Saints of Newark. I quite enjoyed it but it wasn't what I was expecting. Not really sure what I was expecting though. 

was that at the flicks or did you get it on the streaming service of your choice? 🤔

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The Many Saints of Newark. I quite enjoyed it but it wasn't what I was expecting. Not really sure what I was expecting though. 

Is it watchable for someone that only got half way through the Sopranos? Or would parts go over my head?

7 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is it watchable for someone that only got half way through the Sopranos? Or would parts go over my head?

You could watch it, but half of the point is seeing what the early days of the characters were all about. If you don't know/care about those characters, I'm not sure it'd be worth it. 

I think you'd be fine with this. The main character that it focuses on (Dickie Moltisanti, Christopher's dad) is dead long before the timeline of The Sopranos even gets started. 

Tony is a peripheral figure in this thing. 

It's not really a "prequel", it's more "a Sopranos story" which I think they billed it as, and which makes more sense. 

It’s a crock of shit. If this weren’t Sopranos related it would be getting pelters. It offer nothing to the original series other than a chance to re-use a few lines/scenes/characters. As a stand-alone film it’s very poor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...