Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

19 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Moonfall lol/10

This didn’t pass my test as I virtually never watch anything rated below a 6/10 on IMDB.

But wife is away, my tea was ready so I chucked it on. It’s one of those films you shouldn’t put on in the first place but even if you do, you know you should turn it off pretty soon after.

Its amazing in this day and age that something so bad can pass all the tick boxes that allows a film to go forward.

Terrible script, acting, plot… Everything.

Avoid

Are we talking abysmal or were there some redeeming features? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Special effects were decent enough and Sci fi / disaster is a decent theme but everything else is terrible. 

It’s a reference to the erstwhile Evening Chronicle rating system for films on TV. Oddly they thought a 5 star rating system needed an explanation. 1 star - Abysmal, 2 stars - Some redeeming features, etc. It comes up in gen chat every now and again. Like one of those things that oddly sticks in your mind from when you were a kid / years ago. I seem to remember Gordon Barr being the TV critic. 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I seem to remember Gordon Barr being the TV critic. 

some redeeming features

JS30932570.jpg

( the look one their faces btw, :lol:, “his tits are bigger than ours!”) 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw V for Vendetta last night for the first time and thought it was excellent. 

Noticed some jarring parallels with current events with the closing down of dissent, control of media and revoking rights but I'm also surprised the anti-vax freedom conspiracy nuts haven't quoted it for the manufactured epidemic/terrorist incident angle used as a trigger. 

• Like 2

On 16/04/2022 at 17:55, NJS said:

Saw V for Vendetta last night for the first time and thought it was excellent. 

Noticed some jarring parallels with current events with the closing down of dissent, control of media and revoking rights but I'm also surprised the anti-vax freedom conspiracy nuts haven't quoted it for the manufactured epidemic/terrorist incident angle used as a trigger. 

Based on a comic book.

whm GIF by We Hate Movies

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hustle on Netflix. Adam Sandler in another straight role playing a Mickey from Rocky type figure in the Basketball world.

Better than it sounds 

It would have to be :smile:

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Watched 'Fallen' over the weekend and thought it was superb. :good:

What, the Denzel Washington supernatural thing?

9 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

RRR

Very possibly the greatest film I have ever seen in my life

Indescribable. Strap yourselves in and enjoy

:lol:
Sounds top notch, tbf. 

• Like 1

The Batman - I’m angry this morning that I wasted three fucking hours of my Saturday night watching this absolute shite. Bad acting, a boring storyline and one dimensional characters. Absolute rubbish.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The Batman - I’m angry this morning that I wasted three fucking hours of my Saturday night watching this absolute shite. Bad acting, a boring storyline and one dimensional characters. Absolute rubbish.

That's pretty much how I feel about every superhero film I watch tbh. The only exceptions being the ones which inject a twist into it or are humorous. I'm thinking the Boys, Deadpool, and Kick Ass.

I liked the new Batman film’s noir aesthetic. Quite unlike any other superhero film I’ve seen. It was more like a detective story that just happened to feature Batman. It was too long, but so are most films these days.