Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

The Batman - I’m angry this morning that I wasted three fucking hours of my Saturday night watching this absolute shite. Bad acting, a boring storyline and one dimensional characters. Absolute rubbish.

7 hours ago, Renton said:

That's pretty much how I feel about every superhero film I watch tbh. The only exceptions being the ones which inject a twist into it or are humorous. I'm thinking the Boys, Deadpool, and Kick Ass.

The Fish…

giphy.webp

I liked The Batman. Few clunky bits, but it was better than I thought it would be. Thought the antagonist was well done and liked that it leant harder into the detective side of the character, rather than the wham bam k'pow side of things. 

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

A fucking detective batman? This sounds even more dire than, erm, normal batman. 

Batman's thing is that he's "The World's Greatest Detective". What did you think the D in DC stands for? 

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Batman's thing is that he's "The World's Greatest Detective". What did you think the D in DC stands for? 

Can't say I've ever thought about it. Does the C stand for cunt? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Dicksplash 

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Can't say I've ever thought about it. Does the C stand for cunt? 

If I was a better detective, I'd have anticipated that.

Hustle on Netflix. Nice uplifting film for a Saturday evening. It’s like Rocky but with basketball. Another good turn from Adam Sandler 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2016 at 08:51, David Kelly said:

I love all of his Jay & Silent Bob films and really liked Zack & Miri.  Red State was ok but these last two have been terrible.  Apparently Clerks 3 is in the works.  Hopefully it's better than these two turds.

On 03/11/2016 at 01:59, OTF said:

Since he started 24/7 blazing (I think post Zac and Miri) his stuff has become increasingly absurd. I'm worried about Clerks 3.

I stopped listening to Smodcast long ago because it became too ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Dead Man’s Shoes - The only reason I put it on is because I kept seeing a certain scene with Paddy Considine posted on Twitter. For 80% of the film I thought it was a well done, straightforward retribution film done on a budget of £500 but the last 20% kicked it up a level.

Not earth shatteringly brilliant but faced between a choice of watching this or Man I v Forest I made the right decision.

• Like 1