Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Island

Typical Bay rubbish. He hasn't made a decent film since The Rock and even that was nothing special.

Lots of effects etc and an excellent performance from Johansson but the film is lacking in other areas

6/10

Machinist. Thought it was quite good. Not as good as fightclub or Memento but it held its own.

21346[/snapback]

Well I've not seen the Machinists so thanks for the massive indication to what the ending is going to be. :blink:

Crash

I agree with everyone else and some. Brilliant film. Spent the last half hour crying my eyes out (yes I'm a 25 year old male, what of it?). I thought it was going to be too preachy for me to stomach but not only did it moralise to the shits, it also warns against the holier than thou attitude of some people. Easily the best film I've seen in 2005.

Danny The Dog

I think this is called "Unleashed" over here. I was going to say it was good, but having also seen Crash today I wouldn't advise anyone to watch this instead. It's like Pinochio/Oliver Twist/Pit Fighter. Silly fun.

Kids

Not sure what all the fuss was about really. So teenagers have sex, what's so shocking. Pretty average film all told. It held my attention throughout but when your basing a film on so many kids you're going to get some bad acting.

I wouldn't reccomend it particularly.

Kids

Not sure what all the fuss was about really.  So teenagers have sex, what's so shocking.  Pretty average film all told.  It held my attention throughout but when your basing a film on so many kids you're going to get some bad acting.

I wouldn't reccomend it particularly.

28268[/snapback]

I watched it a while ago and thought it was alright. Like you say though, the critical acclaim it's received has been ott for what it is, an average art house film.

I watched Open Water on Saturday night, and decided I wanted them both to die from an early stage just to shut them up. It was alright though, not a bad film.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I watched Around the world in 80 days. The steve coogan and jackie chan version.

It seems that they looked at the title of the book and then threw it away. The films watchable but nothing special.

Watched "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" at the weekend.

Bill Murray (The Legend) is excellent in it. If you liked The Royal Tenenbaums you'll love this. Another excellent piece from Wes Anderson.

Buy/Rent it now tbh.

That's a quality film, gonna buy it when the price goes down a bit.

I saw Red Eye the other night. An entertaining if forgetable thriller. 8/10.

28354[/snapback]

"Do that once again and I'll knock your teeth out"

"Not if I see you first"

:razz:

Went to see '40 year old virgin' last night.

A great laugh and I would recommend it. I went anticipating a bit of a typical yank humour flik and it not being up to much, but was laughing all the way through.

I went to see it after 9pm which meant the place wasn't full of fuckwit teenagers which added to the enjoyment as most of the people in to see it were over 20 (at least) and able to appreciate the humour.

8 out of 10 :lol:;)

Simply The Greatest Film Of All Time.......

top.brando.jpg

31624[/snapback]

the greatest trilogy.. even if 3 was a bit crap. Part 2 edges out the first for me though, its my favourite film of all time

"I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies"

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

Edited by luckypierre

Can someone explain to me why they think the Godfather is so good?

I like it, but I think it's overrated. It's a very romantic view of organised crime, well acted but why is it the greatest film ever?

I think people just go along with the general consensus on this one.