Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

City Of God - Fucking brilliant and frightening to think that this is what goes on in parts of the world.

In The Mood For Love - Really good Hong Kong film about a love story between two people who's spouses are having an affair with each other. Beutifully shot with fantastic music.

Rififi - Along with the Killing and Resevoir Dogs, this is probably one of the best heist movies ever made.

City of God is class. And Gemmill's still got my copy of In the Mood for Love. :crylaughin:

I just think its a typical case of everyone jumping on the band wagon. Then again i thought kill bill, LOTR and the majority of 'acclaimed' films to be shit.

Mary, Mary... :crylaughin:

I just think its a typical case of everyone jumping on the band wagon. Then again i thought kill bill, LOTR and the majority of 'acclaimed' films to be shit.

TBF Kill Bill is massively overrated (especially the second part which was poor) and LOTR is no Star Wars.

Incidentally j, I'm sure you once argued that popularity was the best way to judge whether or not a film, book, etc. was worth watching.

I didnt quite say that. I cant remember whether we were talking about Tv, Film or Music.

Was it not with happyface arguing that one of his obscure films was one of the best ever made, and i argued that the fact that only about 7 people had seen it meant it was quite obviously shit?

I didnt quite say that. I cant remember whether we were talking about Tv, Film or Music.

Was it not with happyface arguing that one of his obscure films was one of the best ever made, and i argued that the fact that only about 7 people had seen it meant it was quite obviously shit?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...c=6062&st=0

Shame on you, you bandwagon jumper :lol:

How fucking sad am I for remembering that btw? :lol::crylaughin:

Alreet John Merrick?

...elephant man... d'ya gettit?

Alreet John Merrick?

Yes, I get it fatso :lol:

:lol: I guess i just made that up then!

There is a reason that the shows mentioned above receive viewing figures tenfold of BBC period dramas. And its not because of the dumbing down of modern day TV, the basic and lacklustre expectations from the proletariat classes and their disappointing views on what classes as entertainment these days blah blah blah.

It is merely the fact that Bleak House is shite my friend!

I still stand by that comment though :lol:

Alreet John Merrick?

Yes, I get it fatso :lol:

I though it might be too vague a reference for your dull mind to latch onto. :lol:

p.s. I'm back up to 13 stone 4..... :lol: I'm blaming working in an office and not being on my feet as much and being a bit lazier in the kitchen .

City Of God - Fucking brilliant and frightening to think that this is what goes on in parts of the world.

In The Mood For Love - Really good Hong Kong film about a love story between two people who's spouses are having an affair with each other. Beutifully shot with fantastic music.

Rififi - Along with the Killing and Resevoir Dogs, this is probably one of the best heist movies ever made.

City of God is class. And Gemmill's still got my copy of In the Mood for Love. :crylaughin:

Btw Mr. Kelly. You should check out 2046 if you liked In the Mood for Love.

Sounds like an interesting film. It's going straight on my Lovefilm list cheers.

Sounds like an interesting film. It's going straight on my Lovefilm list cheers.

'Tis good. Helps if you've seen ITMFL too. Lady Vengeance is quality anarl.

Signed up to that this week, although my first DVD was scratched to fuck and didnt work the service has been excellent. Posted a couple of DVDs back today and they have already sent a couple more for me. Everything I have searched for they have had. Well worth the money I reckon!

Signed up to that this week, although my first DVD was scratched to fuck and didnt work the service has been excellent. Posted a couple of DVDs back today and they have already sent a couple more for me. Everything I have searched for they have had. Well worth the money I reckon!

Someone posted a code up a couple of months ago to get 3 free months of Lovefilm, it may still be valid and saves £45 so it may be worth looking it up to see if its still valid.

3 superb films right there. Check out Chungking Express if you haven't already done so, probably my favourite Wong Kar Wai film.

Someone posted a code up a couple of months ago to get 3 free months of Lovefilm, it may still be valid and saves £45 so it may be worth looking it up to see if its still valid.

It is, I signed up using it last month.