Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Red Balloon

French short (35 minutes) about a boy who finds a balloon that seems to have free will. It won shit loads of awards in 1956 and has just come out on DVD to lots of fanfare. It is a hugely impressive film, with no exposition. It flew by and I hate to say it, but the way the balloon is brought to life without your modern CGI is amazing. It's a bit saccharine, even though I was in bits when the catapults came out, I still felt manipulated. A friend of mine told me they'd seen it when they were five or something and have loved it ever since, and I can see why it would appeal most to kids like that.

The Red Balloon

French short (35 minutes) about a boy who finds a balloon that seems to have free will. It won shit loads of awards in 1956 and has just come out on DVD to lots of fanfare. It is a hugely impressive film, with no exposition. It flew by and I hate to say it, but the way the balloon is brought to life without your modern CGI is amazing. It's a bit saccharine, even though I was in bits when the catapults came out, I still felt manipulated. A friend of mine told me they'd seen it when they were five or something and have loved it ever since, and I can see why it would appeal most to kids like that.

I saw that when I was a bairn.

The Red Balloon

Original cinema release?

<_<

The whole film is viewable online and anyone with a spare half hour should enjoy it...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=red+...emb=0&aq=f#

(2nd video down)

The Red Balloon

Original cinema release?

<_<

The whole film is viewable online and anyone with a spare half hour should enjoy it...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=red+...emb=0&aq=f#

(2nd video down)

:razz::icon_lol:

Crossfire - Good Film Noir with Robert Young and Robert Ryan but the under used Robert Mitchum steels every scene he's in.

Battleship Potemkin - Best silent movie I've seen so far. Excellent use of music and that Odessa steps scene is a fantastic achievement.

Croupier - Excellent. Didn't really know what to expect from it but I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't see the twists coming at all. Alex Kingston has got class body too.

The Life & Death Of Colonel Blimp. Classic. Roger Livsey's preformance is amazing.

Life on Mars (US.SE01EP01)

It was nice to see an American take on things but it isn't half as good as the original.

For a start it is clearly filmed for American's so it is very low brow and it tries to make everything as obvious as possible - such as a flashback when a flashback isn't really required.

Still I may watch the next one.