Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I can't remember if I emphasised this before, but I think this is probably the most cynical film EVER. A cash in sequel made for a franchise that was concluded by its creator 17 years ago with Terminator 2, the plot of which is largely duplicated by this film, and also sets up for a further two cash-in sequels.

Like I said, I enjoyed it, but fucking hell Hollywood are a greedy bunch of cunts. Stating the obvious I know.

I can't remember if I emphasised this before, but I think this is probably the most cynical film EVER. A cash in sequel made for a franchise that was concluded by its creator 17 years ago with Terminator 2, the plot of which is largely duplicated by this film, and also sets up for a further two cash-in sequels.

Like I said, I enjoyed it, but fucking hell Hollywood are a greedy bunch of cunts. Stating the obvious I know.

Also with these massive budgets I'd like to see more of the results on the screen and not the paper thin blue screen sequences one after the other.

Haven't they noticed that everyone bitches and moans about the CGI?

Transformers was just a blur, Wolverine was obvious and clunky, I'd wager this will be pretty clear too.

Haven't they noticed that everyone bitches and moans about the CGI?

Transformers was just a blur, Wolverine was obvious and clunky, I'd wager this will be pretty clear too.

Seems to have gone a bit downhill over the last few years. No ideas why as the art itself has come on leaps and bounds.

I thought the CGI it Transformers was superb. Total dogshit in Wolverine though. And quite good in T4.

I'm sure it is if you put it in slo-mo, but I couldn't make out what the fuck was supposed to be going on in Transformers half the time. Woefully directed/edited.

I thought the CGI it Transformers was superb. Total dogshit in Wolverine though. And quite good in T4.

I thought when you could see what was going on, it was great, but in an effort to get you amongst the action, you lost sense of which bit of whirring machinery belonged to which giant robot.

I guess the most impressive CGI I saw was Jurassic Park, simply because I'd never seen anything like it before. The dinosaurs looked alive. It looks a bit obvious now, but the nostalgia soaked memory screams "fucking hell, that raptor's real!"

I'm sure it is if you put it in slo-mo, but I couldn't make out what the fuck was supposed to be going on in Transformers half the time. Woefully directed/edited.

I don't actually understand it. Cheap films used to be dark and fastly cut so you didn't get time to pick holes in the shite effects. Now that they have CGI they should linger over every gloriously shiny pixel perfect effect....but they still don't give you a chance in the belief that attention spans are so slow you need 60 cuts per minute.

...even though the film goes on 3 hours.

Edited by Happy Face

I thought when you could see what was going on, it was great, but in an effort to get you amongst the action, you lost sense of which bit of whirring machinery belonged to which giant robot.

I guess the most impressive CGI I saw was Jurassic Park, simply because I'd never seen anything like it before. The dinosaurs looked alive. It looks a bit obvious now, but the nostalgia soaked memory screams "fucking hell, that raptor's real!"

I agree about Jurassic Park. Even now, 15 years later, the dinosaurs look damned good. It definately isn't like the old Sinbad films.

As for Transformers, I wonder what they'd look like if the guys who do those Citroen adverts were given the gig? They'd probably look a lot more like the transformers I grew up with.

In The Loop. Hmmm, okay, but not as good as the tv series imo. 7/10.

Gran Torino. For an actor of Clint Eastwood's standing to go out on such an abysmal film is such a shame. What a load of tripe. Bad story, badly acted.

3/10 - only because the car was nice.

Ridiculously harsh on Gran Torino there Snakey. He reminded me a bit of you in a few years as it happens. :icon_lol:

<_< There wont be no Gooks living in my neighbourhood when I'm his age, let me tell you :icon_lol:

Clint wants to be me, Wacky, not the other way round :angry:

As for Gran Torino, I'm right, and you're both wrong :rolleyes:

Went to see Terminator Salvation tonight, and in my opinion the critics are wrong and I personally think it's brilliant. The action is mind-blowing, whilst the story line is slightly weak it still patches up the shambles of T3. Bale was decent, although he was overshadowed again, by Worthington who was very good. Meanwhile, the references to the old films was class, and when Arnie embarked from that chamber I couldn't help but smile, he looked real and its was a great addition. Looking forward to the next film.

Raising Cain. 5/10 - A canny film let down by a totally unbelievable ending.

I Walked With A Zombie 6/10 - Canny enough saturday afternoon film.

3.10 To Yuma 7.5/10 - Not sure it's as good as the original but still a very entertaining western with to strong lead performances.

Took my nephews to see Night at the Museum 2 as a treat. All the normal seats were taken so I ended up paying £30 for 4 seats for a matinee performance ffs! That's before the popcorn/sweets and stuff. I wouldn't care, but this film had reasonable reviews but was utter pap. There was no plot to speak of and the whole thing was merely a vehicle to show case some average CGI effects. The only thing that stopped me falling asleep was the odd glimpse of Amelia Earhart's unfeasibly tight jodphurs. 2/10 for dults, 8/10 for kids.

I agree about Jurassic Park. Even now, 15 years later, the dinosaurs look damned good. It definately isn't like the old Sinbad films.

As for Transformers, I wonder what they'd look like if the guys who do those Citroen adverts were given the gig? They'd probably look a lot more like the transformers I grew up with.

This is because it used robots as well as CGI, having something that is physically there makes a big difference. That's why even crazy old stop motion can be kind of disturbing.

This is because it used robots as well as CGI, having something that is physically there makes a big difference. That's why even crazy old stop motion can be kind of disturbing.

Coincidently, I caught a bit of JP on itv2+1 or some bloody thing last night. Just the end where the raptors have cornered the humans before the T-Rex gets all chompy on them. The animatronic stuff looks jerky and ugly, the sparringly used CGI stuff workds very very well.

Saw the original Terminator on friday night btw. Still fucking class, the best of the lot by far iyam.

Still haven't seen either T1 or T2! But downloaded them again and might go for a double bill some time real soon!

Saw the original Terminator on friday night btw. Still fucking class, the best of the lot by far iyam.

Still haven't seen either T1 or T2! But downloaded them again and might go for a double bill some time real soon!

:lol: Seriously? Both Terminators are classics for me, although I'd say T2 is slighty better.

How could you have got this far in your life without seeing two of the greatest films ever?

Yeap that's basically what some of friends have often said to me too! :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing them actually!

Actually I've also been told not to bother with T1 because apparently it's really dated now and the crappy effects would ruin the film as opposed to T2 that still holds up today. Nah, got to see 1 surely! Don't think I'll be bothering with 3 and 4 though.

Lifeboat 7.5/10 - Relatively forgotten gem from Hitchcock.

The Awfull Truth 9/10 - Another classic screwball comedy from Cary Grant.

Taken 7.5/10 - Just what I fancied watching last night, an action film where you can leave your brain at the door or pop out for ten minutes in middle and not lose track of what's going on. Surprisingly Neeson kicks arse!