Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Fear of being court-martialled alone doesn't exactly make for a good soldier. No you need to add a pinch of self-preservation, a dash of sadomasochism, a hint of pride and honour, a touch of reckless abandon. Oh wait there, is that not what they call bravery? After all, as that old warrior Souness sagely declares, we all have to be able to look ourselves in the mirror when we're combing what little hair we have left. What is bravery but the overcoming of fear by pride?

Edited by Django Reinhardt

Fantastic Four and now Dukes of Hazzard.

FF... shite

D of H....10 yr old son loving the college dorm scenes.(oops)

"Close your eyes Ryan"

:unsure: "Why?"

"I said CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!!!!!"

Edited by Mags

I just watched Creepshow, you know the 1982 horror compendium based on an old comic book series. Directed by George Romero and written by Stephen King. Yep, it was terrible. I almost turned it off half way through but I just about hung on out of some misguided sense of kitsch or something. Actually I quite enjoyed a couple of the sketches, Danson's hair was incredible and the Beast in the Basket story was sort of fun for it's short duration. For some reason I remembered this as being a lot better than it actually was. Maybe I was getting it mixed up with Twilight Zone: The Movie or some such. With the giant mutated rabbit, I used to have nightmares about that gory beast. It was a hallucination I think. I think some of those Hammer Horror compendiums were much better than this, there was one with a cursed mirror which people could walk through and it took them to hell or something, but it was very understated, although being the 70s the width of the bell bottoms weren't. I think one of them also had Peter Cushing as an old antiques dealer. Or perhaps it was he who held the strange tales together.

Watched the Aristocrats last night, I really enjoyed it but a recommendation might belong in the 'Bad Taste Joke' thread!

64651[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I've been keeping an eye out for this. Where's it on please?

Edit: You're ok cheers, I found it.

I hate it when they don't bother with a nationwide cinema release B)

Edited by Happy Face

Saw Flightplan at the weekend, it was quite good. joide foster still got it... The fire alarm went off during the film so i know have a free ticket to go see something. :icon_lol:

Watching Dear Wendy.

very cool so far... quite indy... quite fresh and VERY enthralling

oh and before someone asks how it can be enthralling if I'm typing in the middle of it, well it's cos I'm taking a tea-break, so fuck you.

Went to see 'Goal' in Swindon.

Had to go on my own as the missus couldn't face it....

Better than I expected, but I was a bit disappointed by the limited use of our players.

Some great panoramic views of Tyneside though - especially my home area around Tynemouth.

(Its funny though how any film or TV series filmed on Tyneside always seems to have 20% of the action with the Tyne Bridge in the background! :lol: )

Watched 'Pi' the other night, canny good like, cool soundtrack too.

66132[/snapback]

Drill flashback :lol:

The Big Lebowski, again - "That's a great plan, Walter. That's fuckin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fuckin' watch."

Watched 'Crash' the other night (the new one not the David Cronenburg one). Thought it was very good. It tackles race issues in LA and manages to do it in quite a subtle and clever way.

Watched a film on 5 last night called Perfect Day, a proper Chick flick, pure shite, British as well so no surprise there! The deal was i could watch Top Gear if i watched this film with her. Starting to wonder if Top Gear is worth it if i have to put up with 2 hours of shite afterwards!

If anyone enjoyed Oldboy and/or the earlier Sympathy For Mr Vengeance then you might be interested in Sympathy for Lady Vengeance which has just come out on DVD in asia link.

It's out on limited cinema release in the UK in February.

67242[/snapback]

been looking forward to it for a long time but I've heard its disappointing.

Welcome to Dongmakgol came out around the same time (not sure if its on DVD yet though) , it stars the guy who played Mido in Old Boy. Heard good things about it. Might be worth checking out.