Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Mrs hips wanted to see Australia. I took her to see it this afternoon, but warned her that it had been panned by the critics.

I'm sure most of you remember Pearl Harbor? It is as bad as that. Utter shite.

Just watched it. Not THAT bad.

Was shite enough that I was close to turning it off after 45 minutes. And I would have been pissed off if I hadn't known it was 2 1/2 hours because there's about 4 endings after the first 90 minutes...but it still managed to tug at my heartstrings at the actual end. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone like, but would gladly watch it 4 times over again rather than Pearl Harbour even once.

I had a good film week after realising last weekend i hadnt watched one in over a month. Not had much chance to get to cinemas etc for the last year so missed a few big films which am trying to catch up on.

The Kings Speech - Emotionally rousing and patriotic, not sure what the point of it all was though. To make the point about the true role of royalty?

Black Swan - Best summed up on here as 'Fight Club for lesbians' except Fight Club is a good film

Four Lions - Superb, hysterical and good timing by Ch 4. Not quite as calamitous as i thought it might be which meant it pitched perfectly between stupid and dangerous

True Grit - A great film without trying to say too much about anything other than the human spirit. Top work from the young lass.

I had a good film week after realising last weekend i hadnt watched one in over a month. Not had much chance to get to cinemas etc for the last year so missed a few big films which am trying to catch up on.

The Kings Speech - Emotionally rousing and patriotic, not sure what the point of it all was though. To make the point about the true role of royalty?

Black Swan - Best summed up on here as 'Fight Club for lesbians' except Fight Club is a good film

Four Lions - Superb, hysterical and good timing by Ch 4. Not quite as calamitous as i thought it might be which meant it pitched perfectly between stupid and dangerous

True Grit - A great film without trying to say too much about anything other than the human spirit. Top work from the young lass.

The new version? Enjoyed it more than the original tbh, but Wayne gets on my nerves a bit (prefer eastwood!)

The modern one. I often prefer modern versions of films strangely.

Used to like John Wayne when I was about 5 y.o. I don't think I ever took one of his films seriously again after I saw A Fist Full of Dollars late one Friday night staying at my Grandma's. Wayne's films seem pretty ridiculous after that. Stagecoach is alreet like.

Used to like John Wayne when I was about 5 y.o. I don't think I ever took one of his films seriously again after I saw A Fist Full of Dollars late one Friday night staying at my Grandma's. Wayne's films seem pretty ridiculous after that. Stagecoach is alreet like.

Clint Eastwood is the coolest motherfucker on the planet, especially when he plays Cowboys.

Clint Eastwood is the coolest motherfucker on the planet, especially when he plays Cowboys.

He's still got it like, Gran Torino. Hard fucker, not a cowboy either.

The Leone spaghetti westerns are top fun, I saw the dollars trilogy as a kid. Every John Wayne film seems like pish after that, as Alex alluded to.

They are great. It's the music that does it.

Also why Knights of Cydonia is such a brilliant song.