Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I saw a television advert for "Fright Night". Was one of my favourite 80's horror flicks. I hope this remake doesn't join the realm of shiteness, an honor reserved for the pointless revisiting of "Nightmare on Elm St".

Farell is stepping into some big shoes too, as the film's central villain. Chris Sarandon was excellent in the original.

Kev, quite clearly they have felt the need to come out with guns blazing though. Loads of celebs etc.. I dont know if this show can pull it off without Charlie though. Alan and Jake were more like background noise, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Tinker, Tailor, etc...

I really liked it, it's quite slow though so can't imagine it will be to everyone's taste. 8/10

Watched it last week and really enjoyed it.

Worth watching at the flicks, or can it wait for doovduh?

Tinker Taylor on Saturday.....it was ok, wasnt sure what it was trying to be though...I'd assumed it was a cold war "thriller", but I wasnt particularly "thrilled", or gripped etc...but some of the performances are great, Oldman is class but Colin Firth steals it for me, he's the best around atm.

I'd wait for the DVD Fish if I were you, no special effects that are better on a 30ft screen etc.

Had free cinema ticket voucher thingies with an expiry date of 30 September so we toddled along to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy tonight, as it was the best thing on offer at Vue Croydon :nufc: (we were sorely tempted by the remastered Jurassic Park, mind you).

Mine's a similar reaction to many expressed on the previous page - generally liked it, thought the pacing and visuals were interesting and there were some nice touches. It did feel like they were trying to cram in a bit too much at times, but I suppose fans of the book/TV series would have complained if there'd been too much plot tweaking. Could have waited for DVD really, but not at all bad as reasons for visiting Croydon go.

"Snowtown": Serial killer flick, based on true events ie. The Bodies in the Barrel Case. It deals with the recruitment of the killer's young acolytes, he was like Charles Manson. 4 out of 5.

Snowtown

Adelaide murder capital of Australia

btw Rob W has allegedly spent a bit of time in Adelaide, not sure if it was before or after the Apollo program, definitely after his stint as one or possibly all of the Caesars.

Watched Rubber last Sunday:

B004TFTE86.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well, really wired movie, still don’t really know what I should think of it haha.

But I enjoyed it, had me laughs :lol:

A car tire who kills everything and rubber has a psycho killing ability :D Fantastic :lol:

Of course the movie is full of nonsense and doesn’t take itself seriously....

Had free cinema ticket voucher thingies with an expiry date of 30 September so we toddled along to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy tonight, as it was the best thing on offer at Vue Croydon :D (we were sorely tempted by the remastered Jurassic Park, mind you).

Mine's a similar reaction to many expressed on the previous page - generally liked it, thought the pacing and visuals were interesting and there were some nice touches. It did feel like they were trying to cram in a bit too much at times, but I suppose fans of the book/TV series would have complained if there'd been too much plot tweaking. Could have waited for DVD really, but not at all bad as reasons for visiting Croydon go.

Went to see TTSS on Monday. Alec Guiness is alive and well, following Oldman's performance.