Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Rocky Balboa

I cringed when I heard that "Rocky 6" was being made, I've been a huge fan of the Rocky films from the genuine greatness of the first Rocky film through the utter cheese of the rest of them, but do you know what, I thought it was bloody brilliant !!!!

Superb !!!!!

Recently:

28 Weeks Later - Decent but a bit too predictable

Zodiac - I preferred the book and it dragged a little but was quite well made

Pierrepoint - Really liked it

POTC

I thought it was good meself. The ship battle at the end was brilliantly done.

Just a shame Keira Knightley isn't a mute.

I listened to Mark Kermode's review of it today, he thinks its possibly the most shockingly bad film ever commited to celuloid.

POTC

I listened to Mark Kermode's review of it today, he thinks its possibly the most shockingly bad film ever commited to celuloid.

Clearly hasn't seen Revolver.

POTC

It's not better than the 1st film, but I don't think it warrants such a review.

There are alot of side stories which could've been cut but worth seeing for the final battle.

Although in some places Jack could've been removed without the plot being affected, and seeing as he's the best character they were shooting themselves in the foot somewhat.

Criticisms aside I really enjoyed it though. That and Barbosa is me fave character and he was in it alot. :blink:

The trailer for Shrek 3 looked great as well. ;)

POTC

Yes but he is a cunttyfuckwit

POTC

Thats a very good point.

Stroszek

Early Werner Herzog film about a German bloke who gets out of prison, shacks up with a prostitute and flees to America with her to escape her pimps and chase the American dream.

It doesn't go as well as he hoped.

I enjoyed it, especially the last 15 minutes.

Brief Encounter

Two happily married strangers meet on a train platform and engage in a nefarious relationship behind the backs of their loving families. The brazen hussy protests that nothing must come of it while the cad/rotter eggs her on to further days out together and clandestine stop overs in a seedy flat. Thankfully, it was filmed during the war so neither party give in to their lustful cravings and both return to a stifling family life in loveless marriages that will see them die unfullfilled, embittered and regretful.

They don't make them like this any more. Classic.

Boxcar Bertha

Scorcese's last film before he hit it out of the park with Mean Streets. Ostensibly a bog standard exploitation movie, sex and violence are basically what it's about, but there are some flashes of the talent that Scorsese has, and some of the tricks he continues to adopt. Roger Corman is a B-movie legend, moreso for the talent he helped nurture than the product he released. Francis Ford Copolla, Peter Bogdanovich, Ron Howard, James Cameron and Jonathan Demme all got early work from him, but he was all about the benjamins, so you basically get a rip off of Bonnie and Clyde which had recently done very well. Mercifully breif and featuring a semi-clad Barbara Hershey for the majority of the running time, it's worth a look.

POTC

:blink:;):lol: