Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Took Mrs, er, *checks username* Magler to see 4 and the Silver Surfer yesterday.

The first 20 minutes was pretty crap, but once I suspended reality and the plot got going, the movie was canny good. Some good special effects - though Mr Hornblower's bendy/stretchy special effects were pretty poor imo.

7.5 out of 10 on the Magler scale.

I loved it being a big fanboy (looking forward to the edits) Mrs hated it and played tetris on her phone all the film.

Aye, watched Alien too but was lashed.

Then I saw Collateral on DVD. I was lashed as I say and so this might have been lost on me, but what sort of professional hitman books a taxi to go around killing his targets? He could even have rented a car from Hertz if he didnt have his own.

Then I saw Collateral on DVD. I was lashed as I say and so this might have been lost on me, but what sort of professional hitman books a taxi to go around killing his targets? He could even have rented a car from Hertz if he didnt have his own.

Don't remember it well, but didn't he use him as a patsy throughout and plan to kill him once he was done?

Don't remember it well, but didn't he use him as a patsy throughout and plan to kill him once he was done?

I think that might have been in the plot somewhere, but still.... :lol:

I think that might have been in the plot somewhere, but still.... :lol:

Ah, it was more of a "Why didn't Gandalf get the eagles to fly Frodo straight to Mount Doom?" type point. Salient too.

And while I'm on it, why was Tom Cruise a radioactive yellow colour throughout the film? He looked like a Vesta chicken curry.

He had a touch of jaundice??

Anyway, Tom Cruise in Collateral must be one of the biggest mistakes of wrong choice of actor to play a part EVER - totally unsuited to the part.

Are you kidding? I thought he was brilliant.

Couldn't be more serious, old chap! I thought he was the most un-assassin-like assassin ever. The crap attempt to make him look a little older by dying his hair slightly grey was piss poor as well.

Pay attention. B)

Once you get past the fact it's Tom Cruise (which is always difficult with a major star playing against type) I thought he was really good. The film gets a bit predictable after Jamie Foxxxxx crashes the cab though.