Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Seen some canny ones over Xmas. Thre last I watched was The Exorsist Directors Cut that was on te other neet. But the Machinist and The Jacket were both canny.

Childsplay

Which was the movie with Chuckie in it where he's ina corridor and some guy is at the end and says something like "Maaaaarceeeeee" and then Chuckie turns round with a massive knife? ;)

I HAVE to see that film you see, I want to reminise as it scared the bejesus out of me when I watched it as a bairn!

I've just watched Layer Cake, last night it was Transporter2.

Two films that made no logical sense at all but were still quite enjoyable.

73050[/snapback]

I also watched it last night.

Agree it was very much in the same mold as Trainspotting but isn't that the whole point about drug culture, from distribution to abuse, that it isn't logical in the first place?

Over the past few days I have seen The Untouchables, Goodfellas and Ronin. I may be in danger of developing a De Niro fetish.

73194[/snapback]

What part did Bob De Niro play in The Untouchables ?

Genuine question.

Over the past few days I have seen The Untouchables, Goodfellas and Ronin. I may be in danger of developing a De Niro fetish.

73194[/snapback]

An 'Analyse This' & 'Analyse That' double bill will soon cure you. In extreme cases a dose of 'Meet the Fockers' may be required.

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance - Excellent but not as good as Oldboy. Not sure why she shoved her face in the cake like. I can see that it's showing she's taken the vengeance she wanted and she's satisfied so she's metaphorically eating the tofu that starts a released prisoners new life, but did she really need to shove her face in it like that? Bizarre.

Dumplings - Best film I've seen this year. About a woman whose husband cheats on her so she's desparate to stop/reverse ageing. She finds someone with the answer - eating aborted feotuses. Apparently it's not as strange as it sounds and has occured throughout China going years back.

Edited by Happy Face

The Assassination of Richard Nixon

Sort of like a white collar Taxi Driver. Really this was an impressive film but almost unremittingly bleak. I don't think there was even a seconds let up in the inevitable decline of Samuel Bicke. I honestly don't think I'm going to watch any more of these sad films. They depress me and make me look at my own life through whatever the reverse of rose tinted spectacles are. Shit tinged binoculars perhaps. No, I'm going to be reading the labels looking out for any hint of something sad possibly happening. In fact only if every actor on the cover is smiling inanely will I even reach for the box. The pay-off was even reminiscent of the aforementioned Taxi Driver, the same shocking violence. Really this was grim stuff, I was expecting a conspiracy thriller or something akin to the Parallax View but I couldn't have been wider of the mark.

Verdict: Grim but gritty. A good way to flush out the Christmas Spirit. Further confirmed for me the popular view that Sean Penn can be a decent actor at times.

Watched a film called The Outsiders the other night, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring the likes of Tom Cruise (pre teeth job!) Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe and the Karate Kid. Throughly enjoyed it.

Got Layer Cake on dvd for xmas, can't wait to see Sienna Miller in her smalls, does she get them out?

The Assassination of Richard Nixon

Sort of like a white collar Taxi Driver. Really this was an impressive film but almost unremittingly bleak. I don't think there was even a seconds let up in the inevitable decline of Samuel Bicke. I honestly don't think I'm going to watch any more of these sad films. They depress me and make me look at my own life through whatever the reverse of rose tinted spectacles are. Shit tinged binoculars perhaps. No, I'm going to be reading the labels looking out for any hint of something sad possibly happening. In fact only if every actor on the cover is smiling inanely will I even reach for the box. The pay-off was even reminiscent of the aforementioned Taxi Driver, the same shocking violence. Really this was grim stuff, I was expecting a conspiracy thriller or something akin to the Parallax View but I couldn't have been wider of the mark.

Verdict: Grim but gritty. A good way to flush out the Christmas Spirit. Further confirmed for me the popular view that Sean Penn can be a decent actor at times.

73350[/snapback]

If that left you feeling shit about life I recommend Murderball. It's a quality documentary about paraplegics who play wheelchair rugby. They knock the shit out of each other and love it. Made me ashamed for having ever not grinned.

Also watched Enron - The Smartest guys in the Room I never really followed the story at the time but I was shocked at how it all happened. The fact that they were turning off power in Calaforni to drive up their stock price and people were put in danger as a result was disgusting. I'm constantly checking the news now to see how the prosecutions are going. Strongly recommended.

Edited by Happy Face

I admit I was put off from watching Murderball since it appeared to have some kind of Jackass connection. I just saw the name Jackass and immediately dismissed it and that was after reading a couple of positive things about it too such is my Ebertian pseudo film critic snobbery. Though I'm not sure watching paraplegics knock lumps out of each other is that appealing right now.

Enron - The Smartest guys in the Room I have on stand-by. I will certainly watch that in the coming weeks. I remember seeing the title and confusing it with the Exxon incident, the tanker that leaked oil wiping out untold numbers of marine based creatures. I actually don't remember much about Enron at all but I love a good documentary since the people in them don't decline into madness and shoot other people in the head. Not usually anyway.

73194[/snapback]

An 'Analyse This' & 'Analyse That' double bill will soon cure you. In extreme cases a dose of 'Meet the Fockers' may be required.

73220[/snapback]

I just can't take my eyes off that bloody mole he has.

Just watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I must say I loved it. I love a film which makes you think and does something a bit different. I cant usually watch Jim Carrey without having to throw things at the screen as he really boils my piss but he is excellent in this, not going for the jokes at every opportunity as usual.

and I love a happy ending :)

Requiem for a Dream.

One of the best movies I have ever seen. Harrowing and a must see for druggies.

73557[/snapback]

Everyone seems to love it so I'm sure I'm wrong but I thought it was shit.

Everything in it is covered by one sentance from Mr Macky in South Park "Drugs are bad, mmmkaay".

The almost comical depths that every person who touched drugs sinks to is ridiculous. Couldn't one of them have just been very unhappy and in severe pain, rather than emotionally and physically destroyed beyond reality after a few months?

Saw Basic with travolta and Jackson...

had to watch it twice because it was so confusing.. Good film with loads of twists and stuff but the down fall was they kept mentioning people's names without really introducing the characters.. so got me confused which isn't very hard to do!