Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

'For All Mankind'. Brilliant documentary about the Apollo missions with an equally good Eno soundtrack. Well worth checking out. Even if you aren't baked.

Where did you see that Alex ? doesn't seem to be avaliable anywhere ?

'For All Mankind'. Brilliant documentary about the Apollo missions with an equally good Eno soundtrack. Well worth checking out. Even if you aren't baked.

I borrowed it off a mate who'd been trying to get it for a while. Half the trouble was he couldn't remember the title as he'd seen it on telly years ago. It's available on Amazon but it's only Region 1. The soundtrack album is called Apollo:Atmospheres & Soundtracks btw.

I borrowed it off a mate who'd been trying to get it for a while. Half the trouble was he couldn't remember the title as he'd seen it on telly years ago. It's available on Amazon but it's only Region 1. The soundtrack album is called Apollo:Atmospheres & Soundtracks btw.

Cheers, I'll see if I can get hold of that.

Just saw Cloverfield last night, I thought it was really good wasn't sure what it was going to be like with the hand held cam and all but it was a quality touch, the guy holding the camera was funny now and again as well.

Just read about there being something at the end of the credits but I missed that.

They reckon they might be making a sequel too but have this idea of another group of peoples tape of the same night, guess that could work.

Edited by Barton7

Napoleon Dynamite.

rkd5.jpg

"I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man."

:P

Seen if before 2J? It's quality like. Gemmill in the starring role too.

Aye mate.

Got it on DVD, one of those which you haven't watched for a while. Then I said something yesterday and me and me mate went off on a big Napoleon Dynamite tangent and opted to watch it last night.

The Assasination Of Jessie James By The Coward Robert Ford.

Not quite sure how I feel about it tbh. Quite slow and without a great deal of action but beautifully shot and very well acted (particually Casey Affleck who I wouldn't have expected to hold his own with Brad Pitt, Sam Rockwell & Sam Shepperd but he did) and with a fantastic score by Nic Cave & Warren Ellis.

I think I might need to watch it again.

Not quite sure how I feel about it tbh. Quite slow and without a great deal of action but beautifully shot and very well acted (particually Casey Affleck who I wouldn't have expected to hold his own with Brad Pitt, Sam Rockwell & Sam Shepperd but he did) and with a fantastic score by Nic Cave & Warren Ellis.

of Transmetropolitan fame? :D

yup, I'd wager more people know Warren Ellis that wrote those comics, than the other Warren Ellis who is apparently a composer

With a far larger number never having heard of either.

Charlie Wilsons War

painted a pretty rosey picture of the initial reasoning behind supporting the Afghans, I think it highly unlikely that support was all given because they were altruistic. The Russians were painted very poorly throughout the entire film, while I know they were hardly a warm fuzzy teddy bear of an oppressor, you're force fed the notion that every armed Russian was commiting horrific atrocities on men, women and children at whim.

decent film all in all though, screenplay was written by Aaron Sorkin of West Wing fame, so the dialogue was snappy and clever, as is to be expected.

of Transmetropolitan fame? :D

I'm guessing not. All I know is that he did the soundtrack for The Proposition with Cave as well (may of actually wrote the film with him too but I wouldn't swear to that).

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

What a pile of shite. Susan Sarrandon is very sexy in it though.

Got round to watching The Pusher 2. Absolutely cracking effort yet again, thought the first one was better mind, probably just because I thought Frank (Hristo Stoitchkov) was class, but if the third one ranks up with these two then it is definitely going to be one of my favourite trilogy's of all time.

Got round to watching The Pusher 2. Absolutely cracking effort yet again, thought the first one was better mind, probably just because I thought Frank (Hristo Stoitchkov) was class, but if the third one ranks up with these two then it is definitely going to be one of my favourite trilogy's of all time.

The third one is mainly about Milo. It's class too.

You can't beat those genocidal Serbians like. Luke I'm kidding btw. <_<

I must admit every time Milo is on I can't help but try and do a daft impression of his accent, I think it's mint. :nufc:

You can't beat those genocidal Serbians like.

Radovan makes an appearance too. Comes out of retirement.