Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

There Will Be Blood.

Very very impressed, although I thought it lost itself a bit towards the end if I'm being honest. Day-Lewis has been gaining all the applauds and rightly so, absolute fantastic piece of acting all the way through out the film, delivering in only a way he can. Great to see the torments of his character all of the way through the film. Beautifully shot as well might I add. A special mention as well to Paul Dano as well who I thought was absolutely fantastic during his appearances. Had me gripped all the way through, I'd definitely recommend.

There Will Be Blood.

Very very impressed, although I thought it lost itself a bit towards the end if I'm being honest. Day-Lewis has been gaining all the applauds and rightly so, absolute fantastic piece of acting all the way through out the film, delivering in only a way he can. Great to see the torments of his character all of the way through the film. Beautifully shot as well might I add. A special mention as well to Paul Dano as well who I thought was absolutely fantastic during his appearances. Had me gripped all the way through, I'd definitely recommend.

Clebrity Love Island's?

Or Hawaii Five-O's?

3:10 To Yuma

Excellent remake of the 1957 western based on an Elmore Leonard short story. A farmer about to lose everything is forced into chasing the reward for accompanying a hardened criminal to catch the train that'll take him to the gallows.

The two leads are as good as you'd expect, Russell Crowe can be forgiven for Gladiator more with each bit of quality like this, American Gangster or Master and Commander and Christian Bale is always great. Standout for me was Ben Foster though, just a supporting role, but despite not having much to develop, he's just cool as fuck.

...and there's an exploding horse.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Totally insubstantial, but I found myself enjoying it anyway, which is conclusive proof that I've been turned into a woman by my relationship - I've never felt closer in kin to Smooth Operator than today.

I'll be watching Requiem For A Dream tonight to redress the balance.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Totally insubstantial, but I found myself enjoying it anyway, which is conclusive proof that I've been turned into a woman by my relationship - I've never felt closer in kin to Smooth Operator than today.

I'll be watching Requiem For A Dream tonight to redress the balance.

Think I saw that on a Greyhound bus in Oz. I quite enjoyed it too btw :hiya:

Cloverfield

Canny entertaining. I have to take issue with the sound though. It's all well and good when films have shaky camerawork to put you into the action, but the whole premise of this is that it's a found camcorder. It's badly edited, not at all lit, shaky as fuck, largely dull (when the monster's not about) and motion sickness inducing. That's all fine, for the premise, but why's it still a big budget surround sound aural experience? Completely jarring juxtaposition of sound and vision that takes you out of the 'realism' altogether. If they wanted to do it right, badly recorded mono would have been the way.

Still worth a big screen viewing though.

Went to see Juno on Tuesday. Hmmmm, okay but they overdid the 'unconventional' teenager at times 6/10 on the hips scale.

Went to see Bank Job this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it - as did mrs hips - 9/10 on the hips scale (thought David Suchet was really good).

'The Man in the White Suit' and 'The Ladykillers' - two more slices of classic Ealing Comedy starring Alec Guiness, although the latter is definitely superior imo.

'The Man in the White Suit' and 'The Ladykillers' - two more slices of classic Ealing Comedy starring Alec Guiness, although the latter is definitely superior imo.

:razz:

There is a veritable ocean of classic films out there in movie land for us to enjoy. I've been on a classic war movie binge for the last year or so myself. Love 'em <_<

:D

There is a veritable ocean of classic films out there in movie land for us to enjoy. I've been on a classic war movie binge for the last year or so myself. Love 'em :razz:

Ice Cold in Alex? Love that film <_< Btw, if you get the chance to see it check out 'The Hill' b&w film about a British Prison Camp in N. Africa during WWII (not prisoners of war but British soldiers who've been court-martialled starring Sean Connery and Harry Andrews. You may well have seen it like. Very good film.

:D

There is a veritable ocean of classic films out there in movie land for us to enjoy. I've been on a classic war movie binge for the last year or so myself. Love 'em :razz:

Ice Cold in Alex? Love that film <_< Btw, if you get the chance to see it check out 'The Hill' b&w film about a British Prison Camp in N. Africa during WWII (not prisoners of war but British soldiers who've been court-martialled starring Sean Connery and Harry Andrews. You may well have seen it like. Very good film.

Yeah, I've seen The Hill. It ends up on TCM or one of the other movie channels now and again. Good film.

Ordered Dunkirk yesterday from HMV (two movies for £8).