Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Which Stephen King movie was it when it was aired on terrestrial a few years back as a 2-parter.

It was the one where the guy says "give me what i want and I'll go away". ;)

Remember it as being class and would quite like to track it down.

Also anyone know where I can pick up a cheap copy of Misery? I've read the book and thought it was great and want to see if the film is any good too. :razz:

And yes, I also watched Pet Sematary. Thought the book was better though. :rolleyes:

Just finished watching Final Destination 3.

If you like the format, you'll enjoy the film. Complete cheese, but some superb deaths :razz:

I love these films, even though I know they're a bit shite ;)

Gonna watch The Devils Rejects next.

93889[/snapback]

Format? Do you mean genre Gol?

guessing he means the structure (Format) of the film series, rather than the genre into which the Film series falls into.

I'd assume he is making reference to the same basic premise ( cheat death and he'll come get youooOOOoOOOOoh), young attractive americans search for a way to escape death after the initial interference of one kid. Then a few think it's bollocks and go on to die in grisly and convoluted circumstances, the cops think the one that interfered is the source of death, then the interferer loses a few more mates in complicated style finally love interest, comedy side kick and interferer get to the end of the film, it climaxing with the suggestion that another death is about to happen.

the format, not the Genre

Edited by Geordie Fish

guessing he means the structure (Format) of the film series, rather than the genre into which the Film series falls into.

I'd assume he is making reference to the same basic premise ( cheat death and he'll come get youooOOOoOOOOoh), young attractive americans search for a way to escape death after the initial interference of one kid. Then a few think it's bollocks and go on to die in grisly and convoluted circumstances, the cops think the one that interfered is the source of death, then the interferer loses a few more mates in complicated  style finally love interest, comedy side kick and interferer get to the end of the film, it climaxing with the suggestion that another death is about to happen.

the format, not the Genre

93941[/snapback]

That's a genre doodle, not a format.

A format is 35mm film or HD cam or Super 16mm.

You could possibly also argue that if it is only a 60 minute film (short not a feature as 80 minute is the shortest a feature can be) as opposed to it being a feature film, then that could be a format of film.

But as these aren't how you describe the "format" you would be wrong because you are descibing a genre often refered to as teen/slasher horror.

A genre.

Now if you want to argue mis-en-scene please feel free.

I willing to bet that Gol did not mean genre, I'm willing to bet he meant the structure (pseudonym-format) of the film.

you can't apply that structure of the Final Destination film to say.. the Jason films for example. Death scenes aren't convoluted, and while the enemy is at times not in shot the agitant in the FD films is never seen, only eluded to.

once again I think that perhaps Gol may possibly have used a word that wasn't the perfect term but most people aren't so bloody anal as to bitch and moan about it...

and perhaps, my hippy friend, you need to just understand the the jist of the post will generally suffice.

I willing to bet that Gol did not mean genre, I'm willing to bet he meant the structure (pseudonym-format) of the film.

you can't apply that structure of the Final Destination film to say.. the Jason films for example. Death scenes aren't convoluted, and while the enemy is at times not in shot the agitant in the FD films is never seen, only eluded to.

once again I think that perhaps Gol may possibly have used a word that wasn't the perfect term but most people aren't so bloody anal as to bitch and moan about it...

and perhaps, my hippy friend, you need to just understand the the jist of the post will generally suffice.

93947[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet that genre isn't a word Gol uses often so instead he used format to explain what he meant, tubby! :razz:

But hey if offering him the correct term is anal and getting the opportunity to have an internet discussion with you fish face is having a bitch and a moan then it was worth it just to prove you wrong once more.

You want to try for post modern expressionism and structure as well while we are at it?

Shouldn't you be ;)

you haven't exactl proved me wrong.

see, I got what he meant and at no time did I feel the need to tell him he used the wrong phrase. Cos I don't think he meant Genre, I think he meant the way that this series of films are constructed. But you can't let go of the apparent misuse of the word can you?

must be this antipodean need to win.

bless your hearts.

and yes I should be asleep, but I couldn't so I came here for a while.

I'm willing to bet that genre isn't a word Gol uses often so instead he used format to explain what he meant, tubby! :razz:

93949[/snapback]

;) Why are you willing to bet that?

I'm willing to bet he meant the structure (pseudonym-format) of the film.

:rolleyes:

I like DJ Format. Is that not what he meant?

Nosferatu the Vampyre

The one played by Klaus Kinski, not Max Shreck. More watchable than the original, but still plodding and not frightening. Kinski does a spot on impression, but that's the whole problem, it's more a tribute to the original than a film of it's own. Like Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho you wonder what was the point, other than director vanity. The score is great and it has some great performances in addition to Kinski (a young Bruno Ganz - who a lot of people will recognize as Hitler from Downfall - and Rolond Topor are quality) but if you want to see a version of Nosferatu (which I know you all do) I'd recommend Shadow of the Vampire with Willem Defoe over any of the others.

Apparently he's in The Boys from Brazil with Steve Gutenberg  ;)

And the Manchurian Candidate remake.

94013[/snapback]

Haven't seen the latter and I haven't seen the former for years.

I like Bruno Gantz, although I've only seen 'Downfall' and 'The American Friend' (with Dennis Hopper).

94010[/snapback]

You must then see Wim Wenders' Der Himmel über Berlin (Wings of Desire). A great film and an inspired central performance by Ganz. Really beautiful film. May require a slight arthouse leaning though.

I like Bruno Gantz, although I've only seen 'Downfall' and 'The American Friend' (with Dennis Hopper).

94010[/snapback]

You must then see Wim Wenders' Der Himmel über Berlin (Wings of Desire). A great film and an inspired central performance by Ganz. Really beautiful film. May require a slight arthouse leaning though.

94257[/snapback]

Cool! Cheers mate. 'The American Friend' is a Wim Wenders film based on the novel 'Ripley's Game' by Patricia Highsmith.

Cool! Cheers mate. 'The American Friend' is a Wim Wenders film based on the novel 'Ripley's Game' by Patricia Highsmith.

94262[/snapback]

Seem to remember liking the book. I'll have to hunt that out now.

Cheers

94266[/snapback]

It's quite different to the book but it's still worth checking out.

93949[/snapback]

:blush:

94006[/snapback]

Sorry then Gol, my mistake, obviously you do use the word genre often and like the fish refer to the structure of a film.

Just for future reference, format as an industry term refers to the source material the program is shot on, eg. celluloid, tape, hard disk (yes I am a pedanic wanker but just trying to help :rolleyes: )

I'm willing to bet that genre isn't a word Gol uses often so instead he used format to explain what he meant, tubby! :rolleyes:

93949[/snapback]

:blush:

94006[/snapback]

Sorry then Gol, my mistake, obviously you do use the word genre often and like the fish refer to the structure of a film.

Just for future reference, format as an industry term refers to the source material the program is shot on, eg. celluloid, tape, hard disk (yes I am a pedanic wanker but just trying to help :blush: )

94477[/snapback]

guess I'll just wait here for the apology then? :razz:

Edited by Geordie Fish

guess I'll just wait here for the apology then? :razz:

94511[/snapback]

Ok, fish, I'm sorry

you're such a silly young fish and a bit of a ;) .

Now go to bed. :rolleyes:

silly, yong, bit of a baby... fair enough

still right though ;)

:razz:

Domino Really thought this would be utter shit.

quitre a cool film and definitely not one to watch with stereotypical girls, but very entertaining, verys tylish, kept me hooked all the way through.interesting camera work, interesting sound and interesting leaps between narratgive and pedestrian story work.