Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Yeah, family have lived in Beeston for 15 years nearly. Before that it was Hyson Green (shudders). Spent a bit of time doing work experience at the QMC when I was in sixth form but based in Leeds ever since I moved there for university. Work in Halifax now.

Re your housemates; most students are pricks. I had a cataclysmic falling out with people I lived with in first year. It happens to a lot of people I think, you'll find housesharing utopia eventually.

Edited by luckyluke

Donnie Darko

Shite.

Brock, for once I stand alongside you and 'interesting' tastes. I fell asleep twice.

Were you in Nottingham for the game yesterday btw? I saw a guy in the Horn in Hand with a beard and a toon shirt and wondered if it was you. If it was, you're fatter than I imagined.

Donnie Darko is shite and anyone who says it isn't is a sheep.

:lol: .....you can't be serious!?! guess i'm a sheep then......you sure you understood it?

Just to confirm, Donnie Darko is a big pile of steaming hot shit that people like to jump on because they think it makes them 'cool'. It doesn't, it makes you look daft.

Into the wild - Based on a true story about a young lad who gives up everything to live in the Alaskan wilds 8/10

Finally got round to seeing Gran Torino.

Decent flick, Eastwood is let down by a poor supporting cast imo. Could have done with more "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." lines though

I I'm Legend. 6/10 - Meh, not that scary and a pish ending.

27 Dresses - 6/10 (I do like the lady :wub:)

Star Trek - 9/10 Really good I thought.

Star Trek. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Im not really a fan of these, but decided to go after decent reviews. Was worth watching, much more akin to the original than any of the recent stuff.

A lot of highly rated movies have just come out on DVD and Blockbusters have got a £10 4 4 movies 4 4 nights deal.

So far watched:

The Reader - Excellent movie, with a thoroughly depressing ending. Kate Winslet's dodgy German accent grinded on me.

Milk - Excellent movie, with a thoroughly depressing ending. Sean Penn is outstanding (again).

Still to watch:

The Wrestler

Frost/Nixon

A lot of highly rated movies have just come out on DVD and Blockbusters have got a £10 4 4 movies 4 4 nights deal.

So far watched:

The Reader - Excellent movie, with a thoroughly depressing ending. Kate Winslet's dodgy German accent grinded on me.

Milk - Excellent movie, with a thoroughly depressing ending. Sean Penn is outstanding (again).

Still to watch:

The Wrestler

Frost/Nixon

Must see.

I I'm Legend. 6/10 - Meh, not that scary and a pish ending.

27 Dresses - 6/10 (I do like the lady :wub:)

Star Trek - 9/10 Really good I thought.

you should watch the 70's version with Charlton Heston, you will piss yourself laughing, puts the new one in context as well comparitively much better......although i agree about the ending

Just back from seeing 'Away days'. Hmmm. Basically lads catch the football special, which proceeds with all sorts of bitchiness and alpha male posturing within the group until they get to their destination. Then the lads lace and chib opponents (all of who look 10 years older and twice as hard), the lads have a singalong and piss up on the train back and in the pub. Rinse and repeat, whilst adding liberal quantities of homoerotic dialogue to the tune of Joy Division.

Not a great film, but still probably the best football hooly film I've seen, but that's down to two things - the time period it's set in (1979) and the fact that carpet carrying waddler isn't in it (Danny Dyer).

Oh, and there's enough trainer fetish in it to even satisfy Alex.