Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Transformers 2. Now I know Michael Bay is a fan of explosions and CGI but I think hes starting to take the biscuit now. 3 hours of identikit robot fights and no story had me desperate for it to end! Shame cos I normally love shit action films like this!

Thing is like, films like that should be 110 mins tops I reckon (preferably shorter). It seems to be the fashion for action-packed blockbusters to be at least 2 and a half hours long these days which is just far too long.

You know youve gone overboard when the CGI spends more time on the screen than the humans. The film must have taken an absoulte age to edit! Literally about 60% of the movie doesnt involve human actors

Bringing Out The Dead 6/10. Unusual film for Scorsese and Cage but it's a reminder that he can actually act when he puts his mind to it. Didn't think it was that great overall though.

Finding Nemo 9/10. Totally forgotten how good this one is.

The Incredibles 9/10. The bairn's been poorly so I managed to get these on instead of Dora!

The Wrong Man 8/10. Lesser known Hitchcock that isn't his usual suspnse thriller but more of a study of how being falsely accused (and almost convicted) of a crime you haven't committed can almost destroy even a perfectly innocent man. Very good with Henry Fonda superb as ever.

Terminator 2 on ITV2 last night.

When Arnie was getting lowered into the pit of lava, I actually had a tear in my eye once the epic music started playing. One of my favourite films which you can't tire watching.

Epic.

The Lost Boys.

Class :)

:rolleyes:

I recently bought Lost Boys 1 and 2 for peanuts, havent watched 2 yet though I've heard it was poor. But I love the first film and the soundtrack.

The Return.

Or Vozvrashcheniye to give it it's Russian title.

2 teenage brothers have mixed feelings about the return of their dad (who's been gone 12 years) and a trip they take with him.

Bloody amazing.

The Return.

2 teenage brothers have mixed feelings about the return of their dad (who's been gone 12 years) and a trip they take with him.

Bloody amazing.

yeah it's good init

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

yeah it's good init

Need to check this shit out.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

you need to see some tarkovksy if you liked The Return so much... :rolleyes:

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

Stalker's one of his isn't it? I started watching that the other day but was too tired.

Ghost Town 6/10. Enjoyable enough for what it was but Hollywood really don't know what to do with Ricky Gervais do they.

King Of New York 8/10. One of the best crime films from the the early 90's and it's always fun to see David Caruso getting his head blown off!

Saw 'Looking for Eric' at the Tyneside last night. I went in quite skeptical about it, but left pleasently surprised. There are obvious parallels to 'It's a wonderful life' with Canona playing the part of Clarence the angel, but the film has enough new ideas, gritty realism, and superb humour to be a success in its own right.

I find it impossible to dislike Cantona despite him being an arrogant french cunt who robbed us of the premiership in 1996.

8/10

The Hangover:

I didn't have high expectations for this one, but it really satisfied me. I'd definitely recommend people go and watch it.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

For a long time my fav dir.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

Stalker's one of his isn't it? I started watching that the other day but was too tired.

Ghost Town 6/10. Enjoyable enough for what it was but Hollywood really don't know what to do with Ricky Gervais do they.

King Of New York 8/10. One of the best crime films from the the early 90's and it's always fun to see David Caruso getting his head blown off!

Ivan's childhood is an easier way into Tarkovsky.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

He's jumped quite a bit in 6 weeks...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry615309

:)

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

:)

Should have used past tense. :aye:

I got into his work quite heavily, but it has worn off a bit now.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

:aye:

:) Poor Parky.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

:aye:

:) Poor Parky.

Fuck off the pair of youse. :wank:

I know what I meant.