Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Return.

Or Vozvrashcheniye to give it it's Russian title.

2 teenage brothers have mixed feelings about the return of their dad (who's been gone 12 years) and a trip they take with him.

Bloody amazing.

you need to see some tarkovksy if you liked The Return so much... :rolleyes:

Stalker's one of his isn't it? I started watching that the other day but was too tired.

Ghost Town 6/10. Enjoyable enough for what it was but Hollywood really don't know what to do with Ricky Gervais do they.

King Of New York 8/10. One of the best crime films from the the early 90's and it's always fun to see David Caruso getting his head blown off!

Ivan's childhood is an easier way into Tarkovsky.

Not when it's Stalker that I've actually got it's not.

The best picture shortlist at the 2010 Oscars will be 10 films instead of the customary five, it has been announced.

Official organisers have said the move will recognise a wider range of films and include "more populist movies".

:rolleyes: Is that possible? Sloop will be disgusted

It is the first time since 1943 that 10 films will be in the running and has been called "a return to the past".

At this year's ceremony, a 10-strong shortlist would likely have featured box office smash The Dark Knight and Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder.

:):aye:

'Singular honour'

Audiences and many critics felt that the latest Batman epic, which won a posthumous best supporting actor award for Heath Ledger, should have been included among this year's best picture nominees.

But Academy president Sid Ganis said the film "did not come up" in discussions about expanding the category.

Following last year's ceremony, the show's producers advised the Academy that efforts were needed to bring the show to a wider audience.

It is believed that if the best picture category were to feature more box office hits, television ratings would improve in 2010.

However the idea of splitting the 10 films into dramas and comedies - in a move similar to the Golden Globes - was rejected.

"It's about the best picture, not the best something picture. It's a singular honour," said Mr Ganis.

But he added that comedies could eventually benefit from the broadening of the best picture list.

Assurances have been made that the 2010 Academy Awards ceremony, which takes place on 7 March, will not be longer due to 10 shortlisted films.

The contenders will be revealed when the Oscar nominations are announced on 2 February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8118129.stm

Most popular = Best

Edited by Happy Face

The Return.

2 teenage brothers have mixed feelings about the return of their dad (who's been gone 12 years) and a trip they take with him.

Bloody amazing.

Stalker's one of his isn't it? I started watching that the other day but was too tired.

Ghost Town 6/10. Enjoyable enough for what it was but Hollywood really don't know what to do with Ricky Gervais do they.

King Of New York 8/10. One of the best crime films from the the early 90's and it's always fun to see David Caruso getting his head blown off!

Stalker is slow and very long man. iirc there is one scene where someone tries to cross a pond with a candle (keeping it alight) about 15 times. :)

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

Check out this shit as well. Massive, powerful, moving, poetic.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi129958169/

Edited by Park Life

Goal III.

I don't know how the hell they got it so wrong. They managed to remove the protagonist from the first two films almost completely and introduce two new characters one of who dies in the middle of a world cup.

It's like Star Wars getting rid of Luke and getting a bit part actor to fuck it up right at the end and let the empire win.

Very very bad acting throughout and it seemed to focus on everything wrong with football, e.g players drinking and not giving a fuck about most stuff, agents, fat owners being cunts and all of that jazz.

The 'real' match photography was fantastic and I enjoyed it, football really looks good through a proper hollywood lens. However when it came to intergrating the actors into the game they managed to use a very poor and often off angle blue screen whilst obviously using a different lens/camera so it was blindingly obvious it was shot in a studio.

Worth a watch if you have seen the first two but only to see how shite it is.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

you need to see some tarkovksy if you liked The Return so much... :lol:

I that's on my list too. But instead of watching anything like this I started watched Twilight last night! I think I've watched about 45 minutes before I fell asleep and I have to say that so far it's fucking gash. One of the worst things I've seen in a very long time. Shite acting, dialog and make up. I'll probably finish it off tonight and hope it gets better.

The Return.

Bloody amazing.

you need to see some tarkovksy if you liked The Return so much... :lol:

I that's on my list too. But instead of watching anything like this I started watched Twilight last night! I think I've watched about 45 minutes before I fell asleep and I have to say that so far it's fucking gash. One of the worst things I've seen in a very long time. Shite acting, dialog and make up. I'll probably finish it off tonight and hope it gets better.

It didn't much tbh 4/10

Bronson

A film that felt like it wanted to be a play, mildly amusing in parts but all in all thoroughly shite.

Mutant Chronicles

Kept thinking the TV I got from the wife around Christmas was going bad. Dark as fuck, and not in a good way. Apparently it's all blue-screen and CGI sets. Blood is sorta like Sin City's red accents. Totally doesn't work. Wasn't expecting a bunch (Cable Guide has it as a 1 star), but still kinda threw me too- Ron Perlman and John Malkovich aren't bad guys, y'know?

2/10.

The Story of Anvil

Like a cross between Spinal Tap and Waynes World, unintentionally funny, cringingly so at some points but heart-rending at the same time, recommended.

The Weekend - Tagged as a low budget American Pie or Superbad teen comedy but really isn't so. Same settings but its downbeat atmosphere made it more original than I thought and very enjoyable

Office Space - Class. Actor playing the lead character is really great in it too

Idiocracy - Yeap, ok. A little too crazy maybe. Some memorable laugh out loud one liners though.

The Story of Anvil

Like a cross between Spinal Tap and Waynes World, unintentionally funny, cringingly so at some points but heart-rending at the same time, recommended.

I'm watching this at the moment and I don't know what to make of it.

Is it a piss take or are they a proper band?