Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

"Snowtown": Serial killer flick, based on true events ie. The Bodies in the Barrel Case. It deals with the recruitment of the killer's young acolytes, he was like Charles Manson. 4 out of 5.

Snowtown

Adelaide murder capital of Australia

btw Rob W has allegedly spent a bit of time in Adelaide, not sure if it was before or after the Apollo program, definitely after his stint as one or possibly all of the Caesars.

Wasn't there a now dormant paedo/murder ring in the SA capital, something along the lines of 'The Family', allegedly made up of wealthy paedos etc. The coppers never cracked that case, some of those murders go back thirty years.

edit: just skimmed that article.

Edited by Year Zero

Killer Elite - the absolute antithesis of TTSS, laughable script, by the numbers direction yet it was almost so bad it was quite good. De Niro hasn't made a genuinely good film for a very long time, Statham knows he isn't an actor and Clive Owen has a proper 80's 'tache - but they look like they had fun making it. 5.5/10

Had free cinema ticket voucher thingies with an expiry date of 30 September so we toddled along to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy tonight, as it was the best thing on offer at Vue Croydon ;) (we were sorely tempted by the remastered Jurassic Park, mind you).

Mine's a similar reaction to many expressed on the previous page - generally liked it, thought the pacing and visuals were interesting and there were some nice touches. It did feel like they were trying to cram in a bit too much at times, but I suppose fans of the book/TV series would have complained if there'd been too much plot tweaking. Could have waited for DVD really, but not at all bad as reasons for visiting Croydon go.

no other reason to go there than Ikea surely? :lol:

Red State is out online for those that want it. Utter shite btw. Kevin Smith is still riding the Clerks wave from nearly 20 years ago.

Went to see Abduction last night. Not as horrendous as some are making out but its firmly aimed at 15 year old girls

Red State is out online for those that want it. Utter shite btw. Kevin Smith is still riding the Clerks wave from nearly 20 years ago.

Went to see Abduction last night. Not as horrendous as some are making out but its firmly aimed at 15 year old girls

Really? I honestly thought there was nothing to redeem the film. Obviously we don't have to agree but I'm curious to know what you liked about it?

Really? I honestly thought there was nothing to redeem the film. Obviously we don't have to agree but I'm curious to know what you liked about it?

Taylor Lautner's muscles. Is my guess.

I said it was aimed at 15 year old girls and not as horrendous as people are making out. Thats hardly a glowing endorsement is it

I said it was aimed at 15 year old girls and not as horrendous as people are making out. Thats hardly a glowing endorsement is it

Even the teenage girls in the screening I was in were slating it on the way out. Your statement is the most positive thing I've read/heard about it!

What was wrong with RS like, J69?

There were a few laugh out loud moments like, the dialogue is woeful ;) The story for the first 45mins was passable though.

I agree, I was pissing myself, the overly dramatic music and the constant quick tracking in to the bad guys face as he was following them on the train was like I was watching a clever spoof as opposed to the inept thriller which it actually was! That lad from Twilight is utter gash anarl. If they had thrown in some more intentional jokes they could have passed it off as a comedy. :)

What was wrong with RS like, J69?

Loads of things. The ending is very abrupt and shit for one. Definitely one to dl rather than pay to see at the cinema

X Men First Class. Was more than a bit sceptical of this after Wolverine was so poor but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know if it's because unlike a lot of comic book adaptations, I didn't know too much about the origins on the x Men (don't even know if this is the true origins), but I enjoyed it much more than most series openers. I would put it up there with Batman Begins. It may not have quite the qulity of Nolans first but it was certainly as enjoyable.

Agreed, thought it was very good. Almost a tear in my eye. Good to have "baddies" with a believable motive outside of being evil.

Low-budget horror flick, "Broken": It's about a mountain-man who kidnaps lasses, chains them up at his campsite, and plays a game of psychogical cat & mouse with them. Although it was inspired by true events, it's not a mocumentary about that Wynn bloke. Some parts are tough to watch, it has you on the edge because you genuinely are in the lasses' corner/hope they escape.

2.5 out of 5.

X Men First Class. Was more than a bit sceptical of this after Wolverine was so poor but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know if it's because unlike a lot of comic book adaptations, I didn't know too much about the origins on the x Men (don't even know if this is the true origins), but I enjoyed it much more than most series openers. I would put it up there with Batman Begins. It may not have quite the qulity of Nolans first but it was certainly as enjoyable.

Agreed, thought it was very good. Almost a tear in my eye. Good to have "baddies" with a believable motive outside of being evil.

Although i thought Kevin Bacon was miscast as Sebastian Shaw. In print that villain has alot more about him, in the way of physical presence.