Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Drive.

Absolutely superb.

Really loved Drive. The other top film doing the rounds is Tyranasour.

Looking forward to that ... though I live in trepidation of what I've heard about the opening scene.

Saw the trailer for Tyranasour... spent the entire time thinking of Peep Show, how on earth am I meant to take it seriously :lol:

Think you will once he starts killing dogs.

They do that in Peep Show as well iirc.

Edited by luckyluke

The American. Clooney job about an American hit man hiding out in Italy. It's really slow paced and looks amazing. I enjoyed it. Good ending too.

The lass in it is out of this world btw. Violante Placido is her name for you google fiends, although there are no pictures on there that do justice to what she looks like in the film.

The American. Clooney job about an American hit man hiding out in Italy. It's really slow paced and looks amazing. I enjoyed it. Good ending too.

The lass in it is out of this world btw. Violante Placido is her name for you google fiends, although there are no pictures on there that do justice to what she looks like in the film.

Aye Gemmill, shes so hot.. I loved the film as well. It got some stick for being slow, but I dont need/want every film to be a bourne spin-off. Enjoyed the atmosphere etc.

Can I point you in the direction of a similar film? Have a look at Conseguenzia dell`amore ( the concequences of love).

The lass there is rather fit also :)

American: Bill Hicks

Very nice piece and interesting to see all the footage of him from various periods. He was obviously heavily influenced by Sam Kinison at an early point: the delivery, the material (about wishing death upon his ex), even the look with the black trenchcoat were all recognisible if you're familiar with Kinison's stuff. That was before his alcoholism really kicked in. There is a myth surrounding Hicks, that he never made it big in America because Americans are just too stupid to understand his material--the reality is, he hadn't developed enough when he first moved to LA in his teens, his progress when he moved back to Texas was halted by his substance abuse problems, and it's simply harder to become big in the US than it is in the UK where he found his niche, appealing to the anti-american sentiments that are common here.

I believe he could have hit big in the US had he lived, especially now, but towards the end he had began to prosthelytize, and a comedy club is not the place for that, unless you can make it very funny. That is the big criticism of Hicks in America. I admired him for the way he handled himself after his diagnosis, and I didn't know he was a musician before I saw this. One thing the film didn't show was the state of comedy at the time Hicks was performing and whether he was truly a so-called 'boundary-pusher', but that's a wider topic.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

American: Bill Hicks

Very nice piece and interesting to see all the footage of him from various periods. He was obviously heavily influenced by Sam Kinison at an early point: the delivery, the material (about wishing death upon his ex), even the look with the black trenchcoat were all recognisible if you're familiar with Kinison's stuff. That was before his alcoholism really kicked in. There is a myth surrounding Hicks, that he never made it big in America because Americans are just too stupid to understand his material--the reality is, he hadn't developed enough when he first moved to LA in his teens, his progress when he moved back to Texas was halted by his substance abuse problems, and it's simply harder to become big in the US than it is in the UK where he found his niche, appealing to the anti-american sentiments that are common here.

I believe he could have hit big in the US had he lived, especially now, but towards the end he had began to prosthelytize, and a comedy club is not the place for that, unless you can make it very funny. That is the big criticism of Hicks in America. I admired him for the way he handled himself after his diagnosis, and I didn't know he was a musician before I saw this. One thing the film didn't show was the state of comedy at the time Hicks was performing and whether he was truly a so-called 'boundary-pusher', but that's a wider topic.

I'm a big Hicks fan, but I did think that the film whitewashed some of the more unattractive bits of his nature. Still, well worth seeing if you're a fan.

I must be one of about 5 blokes in Britain thoroughly underwhelmed by The Inbetweeners. Thought it was alright the first few episodes I saw, but it's just dead average. My mates all calling one another "bumders" and that. Jesus wept. :lol: