Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Absolutely loathe the war films portraiing german soldiers as evil nazis. There were obviously ( very ) rotten apples there - as in any army, predominantly in the SS and gestapo etc ( but they were brainwashed), but most german soldiers were young boys sent out to fight for their country for reasons they didnt comprehend, like most soldiers.

Wars are mostly old people talking, and young people dying.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Hugo in 3d - 9/10

MI4 on IMAX - 9/10 (8 for film, 1 for IMAX, especially wide shots of Dubai and of that woman's bangers)

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves on Blu Ray - 20/10. Remains my favourite ever film. Can see why the deleted scenes were deleted though. But still superb. The film that has everything.

Got around to watching Kick Ass yesterday and absolutely loved it.

I'm surprised thatr even though it was obviously comic book, there was no fuss about letting a kid that young be so violent.

I think "Okay cunts, lets see what you got" is a new entry in my top 10 favourite fim lines.

Comic books aren't all the Superman settling things with a stern word and wrapping the bad guys in a twisted iron bar. There are plenty aimed at an older audience, even the "Ultimate Marvel" line is ultra violent.

Into the wild - There's a story in there somewhere. 7/10

Pretty depressing watch by the end. Even though it's inevitable it doesn't make it any easier to watch.

Oh and Ant (I think) how can you leave Back to the Future 3 out of your watching? In the context of the trilogy it holds up pretty well, not the strongest obviously but doesn't take away from the other two. Still have to get around to watching them on Blu.

Of my recent watches Drive was so so enjoyable to watch. Loved it.

Saw Tintin the other day in 3D. Good fun flick and the 3D wasn't gimmicky which always helps.

The new Conan is pretty bad, but knowing that it would be that way I still found a way to make it enjoyable. Big fan of the 80s Arnie version, though I now know that it wasn't at all faithful to the character. Don't care though.

Tossing up now whether I should watch the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Swedish version, having just read the book, or whether I should wait and see the English version when it opens shortly. The fact that it's a Fincher film is what is making the choice so tough. Deep down I think I'll enjoy whichever of them I see first more than the other.

Enjoying some time off over Christmas.

Got around to watching Kick Ass yesterday and absolutely loved it.

I'm surprised thatr even though it was obviously comic book, there was no fuss about letting a kid that young be so violent.

I think "Okay cunts, lets see what you got" is a new entry in my top 10 favourite fim lines.

There was a kerfuffle at the time like. The BBFC refrenced the line in their report....

The Guidelines at ‘15’ also state that the ‘strongest terms (for example, ‘cunt’) may be acceptable if justified by the context. Aggressive or repeated use of the strongest language is unlikely to be acceptable’. KICK-ASS contains one use of very strong language. The word is spoken by a young girl who, like Kick-Ass, has become a makeshift superhero. Although some people might be offended by a child using this type of language, the predominant effect is comic. The young girl in question possesses incredible strength and agility and manages to dispatch a large group of adult male villains immediately after making the remark to them. The remark is delivered in a throwaway fashion rather than aggressively directed and the unexpectedness and incongruity of the use provides a comic justification for its inclusion.

Get him to the Greek - a fun time romp. (6.5/10) better than anticipated. The Vegas party scene was great.

Drive for the 2nd time in a month. Brilliant.

Friends with Benefits- I was under the impression this was to be the more graphic/crude and funnier of these films released at the same time(Kutcher & Portman had another). It was horrendous. Not a laugh, giggle or remotely interesting scene. I lasted 20minutes before turning it off and shouting at my tv. After 5mins I was askin the missus how much longer we should give it. Garbage.

Absolutely loathe the war films portraiing german soldiers as evil nazis. There were obviously ( very ) rotten apples there - as in any army, predominantly in the SS and gestapo etc ( but they were brainwashed), but most german soldiers were young boys sent out to fight for their country for reasons they didnt comprehend, like most soldiers.

Wars are mostly old people talking, and young people dying.

Patton respected the German military, including the higher ranking officers as well. Likewise that respect was mirrored by the Germans. He was pretty outspoken after Stalin's forces moved in, and questioned alot of things that were going on at the time.

The Germans were honorable fighters, on land & sea, and deserve a fairer depiction on film rather than being typecast as the 'cardboard cut-out villains' as thrown at them by a director with an axe to grind, and an agenda to push based on racial lines etc.

Super 8 - Canny tense for 12 year olds and women. Perfect family viewing.

Bridesmaids - If you want a film to keep your lass on side for going on the piss for 3 matches over the next week you could do a lot worse than this. A fair few laughs for a chick flick.

Vicky Christina Barcelona - Amazing that I didn't particularly enjoy a film wher Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansen lez up. I can put up with Woody Allen intellectuals when they're funny (him and Diane Keaton), but not when they're whiny bitches or smouldering hunks without a witty comeback between them.

Super 8 - Canny tense for 12 year olds and women. Perfect family viewing.

Bridesmaids - If you want a film to keep your lass on side for going on the piss for 3 matches over the next week you could do a lot worse than this. A fair few laughs for a chick flick.

Vicky Christina Barcelona - Amazing that I didn't particularly enjoy a film wher Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansen lez up. I can put up with Woody Allen intellectuals when they're funny (him and Diane Keaton), but not when they're whiny bitches or smouldering hunks without a witty comeback between them.

That's a good scope of VCB.