Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

About the upcoming X-Men Apocalypse movie

According to Simon Kinberg, this will contain more mass destruction than any of the previous X-Films: "We've spent the most time talking about is creating a character that's the most powerful mutant villain that we've seen in the X-Men movies so far - more powerful than Magneto or the Phoenix! The kind of scope and scale we're talking about is like a disaster movie featuring an extinction-level event. We're talking Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich-style moviemaking, which you've never seen in an X-Men movie, or any superhero movie."

multiple-facepalm-o.gif

Fish, I know these type of films are the genre you love, but you'd be in one hell of a dilemma if they made a new superhero type film called 'SuperScouseMan'. ;)

It'd be fine if he was properly represented as a precious cunt. :good:

Interstellar - 8/10.

I found it quite moving at times. I think i need to brush up on my physics though !

I think I enjoyed the emotional aspect of it more than the sci fi. I'm not sure whether I find the whole paradox of the sci fi a bit off putting.

Blackfish - The problem with these types of documentaries is that they generally know from the outset how they want the subject to be perceived and therefore their agenda runs throughout and this film was no different.

Does the captivity turn the whales into bad tempered killers or are some whales just naturally like that? I know there are few cases of orca aggression in the wild but then again there is an awful lot less contact with wild orcas than those in captivity.

The general theme is that captivity is bad for the animals and Seaworld are basically a bunch of cunts. I think most of us already know that animal captivity in general isn't great for most creatures and they'd be much happier in the wild. And Seaworld are just like most multi-million dollar companies, they'll lie to the public to save their own face and image, the difference is that the film makers can make this more of an emotive issue due to the exploitation of the animals and the loss of human life.

Still though, I thought it was a fairly interesting watch and will hopefully give some people food for thought regarding what goes on to create this form of entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...