Jimbo

Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Great film, can't believe it was lost for years and only found a couple of years ago as part of a load of old stock that was being destroyed. Donald Pleasences' finest role :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwJf50FSB4

The picture quality of that on youtube is much better than thw quality I managed to find on download. It was like an 80's pirate video!

The picture quality of that on youtube is much better than thw quality I managed to find on download. It was like an 80's pirate video!

If you can you need to see it on the big screen or DVD/BluRay, the colours are incredible (they showed it at my local cinema a couple of years ago).

If you can you need to see it on the big screen or DVD/BluRay, the colours are incredible (they showed it at my local cinema a couple of years ago).

I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to go to the cinema to watch it. More interesting than anything else and certainly not the type of film I'd want to watch many times. I'd certainly recommend it as something to see though.

I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to go to the cinema to watch it. More interesting than anything else and certainly not the type of film I'd want to watch many times. I'd certainly recommend it as something to see though.

It's not the sort of place you want to return to if you can avoid it :lol:

But you're right, it's an experience that's worth seeing (or a sight that's worth experiencing). A good bit of cinema.

Starred Up

Well worth a watch, British film about a teenager who gets moved to an adult prison. Hadn't heard of it when I was recommended it but was pleasantly surprised!

8/10

The only people that like Frozen are the aforementioned 5 year old lasses and the 20-odd year old lasses that need a fucking grip. You must be in the latter category.

One of those latter lasses lent me the dvd.

The way they go on about it at work, you'd think it's a modern day Lion King. It aint.

:lol: Say nee more.

:D

It's not even close to the finest animated Disney, and I say that as a proud cartoon geek.

( took my laddie to the cinema, his choices were Frozen or Walking with Dinosaurs- the little spaz chose Frozen and after the first 20 minutes of interminable singing he was like ......

facepalm.gif

He's 4.

For girls, its pretty much unbeatable. My 3 year old loves it. Has some canny tunes in it as well. I can see the craft that has gone into it, but why would an adult male want to watch it is anyone's guess. The only animations I can watch for my own enjoyment is probably the toy story series I think.

"I'm far too intellectually mature for Frozen.... Toy story on the other hand.. "

:lol:

A bit straw man that like. I just pointed out what I like, which is due to subject matter and humour.

A bit straw man that like. I just pointed out what I like, which is due to subject matter and humour.

It was tbf.

Blokes like you lot (not Renton particularly) are why the Bechdel test still holds true for the vast majority of films though.

Cartoon about male toys worthy of all ages

Cartoon about female ice throwers only for the My little Pony Crowd

Personally I thought frozen shit all over the lion king.