Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Maguire all day for me too. Have t seen the second reboot but v annoying having to watch the backstory plot yet again in the first one.

You've not seen the second one but don't think the portrayal of the lead is as good as in the first?

You've not seen the second one but don't think the portrayal of the lead is as good as in the first?

i have seen the first amazing spiderman reboot, not the second. and i don't think it was as good as the first lot with maguire as the lead. the consensus on the second reboot is it's poorer than the first one. i'll probably still end up watching it though

i have seen the first amazing spiderman reboot, not the second. and i don't think it was as good as the first lot with maguire as the lead. the consensus on the second reboot is it's poorer than the first one. i'll probably still end up watching it though

Ahh, sorry I read it as you'd seen the first Spider Man reboot (Maguire), but not the second (Garfield).

Got to say I think Sony haven't got either film right & although I think Garfield is a better Spider Man, there'll never be a "good" Spider Man until the rights revert to Marvel.

What was it about Garfield that you didn't like?

Spiderman's gash, never enjoyed it. Not watching another one until Nolan's involved in it.

It's strange as I thought it would have been one of the easiest comic book heroes to get right on the big screen. Certainly easier than Thor, with all his "magic" and trolls and what not. Definitely easier than a group featuring a talking Racoon and a talking tree.

I'll always associate the Maguire Spider Man with him peacocking down the street like a cathword in Spiderman 3 and for that reason, he's worse than Garfield could ever be.

It's strange as I thought it would have been one of the easiest comic book heroes to get right on the big screen. Certainly easier than Thor, with all his "magic" and trolls and what not. Definitely easier than a group featuring a talking Racoon and a talking tree.

I'll always associate the Maguire Spider Man with him peacocking down the street like a cathword in Spiderman 3 and for that reason, he's worse than Garfield could ever be.

Mary Jane's incessant shrieking throughout the series didnt help. And half the series seemed to rotate around the lack of attention Spidey wasnt giving her and her stupid play. FFS. I know they were perhaps trying to depict the human issues faced by super heroes but this was utterly silly. There are soaps for the type of things they got into.

Ahh, sorry I read it as you'd seen the first Spider Man reboot (Maguire), but not the second (Garfield).

Got to say I think Sony haven't got either film right & although I think Garfield is a better Spider Man, there'll never be a "good" Spider Man until the rights revert to Marvel.

What was it about Garfield that you didn't like?

just thought maguire played the geeky side of spiderman better. and that the films generally were better than the latest effort.

Mary Jane's incessant shrieking throughout the series didnt help. And half the series seemed to rotate around the lack of attention Spidey wasnt giving her and her stupid play. FFS. I know they were perhaps trying to depict the human issues faced by super heroes but this was utterly silly. There are soaps for the type of things they got into.

Thought Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy was much better than Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane, but aye, Sony didn't really get any of the characters right.

just thought maguire played the geeky side of spiderman better. and that the films generally were better than the latest effort.

Agree with the first bit, but thought Garfield played Spider Man better than Maguire did. The latter was too whiny and not snarky enough.

Sony keep getting the bad guys wrong as well.

Comic book films shouldn't be for grown ups full stop

They are when you've got a bairn who thinks he's Spider-Man. I'm sick of being the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus :(