Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Drop. Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini in a Dennis Lehane short story. I enjoyed it - both Hardy and Gandolfini were quality in it, as was the Dragon Tattoo lass (Noomi Rapace I think she's called).

Anyway, worth a watch if you enjoyed the likes of Mystic River or Gone Baby Gone.

The half hour long, CGI fight scenes are the worst things about the superhero movies imo.

Not when you're 5. We have to forward through "the talking and the boring stuff" :D

:lol: that's correct, but the Fish is gonna have to clock back in on this thread now.

I misread the ending time so checked at the adverts as it didn't seem like it was nearly finished. I then realised there was still an hour to go and said I bet it's basically an hour of explosions left. It was. There was fuck all else on like.

The Drop. Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini in a Dennis Lehane short story. I enjoyed it - both Hardy and Gandolfini were quality in it, as was the Dragon Tattoo lass (Noomi Rapace I think she's called).

Anyway, worth a watch if you enjoyed the likes of Mystic River or Gone Baby Gone.

Nice one, I've fancied seeing that for a while.

Watched that last night and thought it was class like.

One of those films that creates a great atmosphere simply by the dialogue being so good.

Foxcatcher. Great performances from the three leads and if like me you know nothing about the story, it was a very interesting twist ending. The film definitely suggested to me that there was some sort of homosexual relationship between Du Pont and Mark Schultz (at least from Du Pont's side) which I understand Schultz has vigorously denied.

Predestination. Ethan Hawke in a very odd time travel film. I like Hawke and sci fi films with a bit of thought behind them so I enjoyed it although some of the twists were pretty obvious (despite being so strange)and it did seem similar in some ways to 12 Monkeys which is vastly superior.

Also watched Zulu a couple of hundred times over Christmas. Never tire of it!

Aye I quite liked Foxcatcher. It was mainly about the performances though, the story was a bit empty and meh.

Got Predestination for tonight.

Aye I thought the same of Foxcatcher, although it did inspire me to read into the actual events a bit.

Foxcatcher. Great performances from the three leads and if like me you know nothing about the story, it was a very interesting twist ending. The film definitely suggested to me that there was some sort of homosexual relationship between Du Pont and Mark Schultz (at least from Du Pont's side) which I understand Schultz has vigorously.

Agree, Du Pont definitely had grooming tendencies about him. Thought Carrell played the part very well.

Interesting list in the grauniad with several I need to check out. Not sure how bridesmaids got in there mind. And it really ought to have been drive, not only got forgives, which was dire.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jan/05/top-50-films-of-the-demi-decade-peter-bradshaw

Edited by Dr Gloom