Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Also watched American Sniper yesterday. Marginally better but its still your typical US propaganda war film and not worth seeing at the cinema

Started his book sometime last year and after about 4 chapters put it down. Nothing about sniping in it at all. It was basically him wanking over what it means to be a marine with his 'brothers'

Started his book sometime last year and after about 4 chapters put it down. Nothing about sniping in it at all. It was basically him wanking over what it means to be a marine with his 'brothers'

I thought similar when I read the Lone Survivor, half the book was devoted to telling you how the navy seals are the greatest fighting force the planet has ever seen. The stuff about training he went into was interesting but there was literally pages of just hyperbole about how great navy seals are. Think it's hard for these top American soldiers not to talk about that sort of thing, I didn't notice it anywhere near as much in Bravo Two Zero and the one that got away.

Also thanks for reminding me it's awards season lads, completely forgot and am a bit behind with all these films.

Nightcrawler - excellent and a bit fecking creepy

The Drop - Was /ok/ killed some time, not brilliant not awful

I loved Nightcrawler, Gyllenhaal is a right horrible bastard in it :lol:.

"The Imitation Game"

Alan Turing's story is both incredible and harrowing at the same time, his contribution to the world was nothing short of breathtaking and his treatment later on disgraceful.

The film itself is disappointing in that it doesn't reveal a true reflection of who he was, more a cold, unsociable figure that found it hard to deal with human interaction.

"The Imitation Game"

Alan Turing's story is both incredible and harrowing at the same time, his contribution to the world was nothing short of breathtaking and his treatment later on disgraceful.

The film itself is disappointing in that it doesn't reveal a true reflection of who he was, more a cold, unsociable figure that found it hard to deal with human interaction.

Haven't seen the film but write-ups I've seen suggest they misportrayed him as he was open about being gay and quite sociable - the idea that he could have been blackmailed is supposedly bullshit.

Testament of Youth

Could have been on ITV or BBC1 on a Sunday night. Not bad, but just another bland reflection on the fact WW1 was bad ("mkay"). The wife cried eyes out at the death of every young man taken too soon and thought I was a disrespectful prick for not, but that's not fair. The Great War and The World at War are devastating films, this was just a worthy melodrama.

watched it earlier since i'm a massive child, def one for the kids rather than a one for everyone effort like lego movie/wreck it ralph or something

I thought the trailer looked pretty good actually - made me laugh a couple of times. Are those just exceptional highlights then, to draw adults in?