Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Reboots are the spawn of the devil. There is nothing worse than having a reboot ruin the memory of a much loved and cherished childhood movie experience.

Based on the godawful trailers, Mad Max appears to be about to join that very long list for me. Not only for seemingly overdosing on CGI just for the sake of it, but for completely missing the point of why the original was so compelling. I can't believe they've got him on the trailer basically telling people why he's pissed off. Idiots.

I rarely go to the flicks these days anyway - I was in the Metrocentre recently, and just on the off chance I thought I'd go see what was screening. There's nothing more depressing than looking up and seeing this:

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* Avengers

* a rom com

* that horror about facebook

Fuck off you stupid twats. I couldn't care less what the fuck the Avengers even are, so I'm unlikely to shell out the best part of £15 to find out. It's not like I'm a niche market - I'll watch any action/sci-fi/thriller/war story, just as long as it doesn't require me to find comic book characters exciting. When I was 12 I wasn't reading the fucking Beano and dreaming of being Superman, I was using my fake ID to sneak into the Terminator and then day-dreaming in school about being John Connor. I only even learned how to ride a motorbike just in case I am him.....

:lol:

With this bantz you've clearly proven that you're such a fucking ledge it's totes amaze balls.

You missed nowt- Bruges is a shithole.

:D

Calvary is great like. Not as funny as The Guard but just about as good. Think I said when I watched it that I found Aiden Gillen's Irish accent a bit off putting but it was pretty near faultless other than that.

Edited by David Kelly

With this bantz you've clearly proven that you're such a fucking ledge it's totes amaze balls.

Tbf he's got a point. With these endless reboots and CGI fest superhero films, I've completely lost interest in mainstream cinema. It's horrendous.

Tbf he's got a point. With these endless reboots and CGI fest superhero films, I've completely lost interest in mainstream cinema. It's horrendous.

I was talking about his wanky Terminator chat.

They have templates for the action scenes. Hence they're all the same.

You seen John Wick yet? Fight scenes you can follow and that have a realistic brutality, gunplay where the combatants actually need to reload... It's canny.

Daft as fuck storyline, but I wasn't going into it expecting characters resonating with complexity.

You seen John Wick yet? Fight scenes you can follow and that have a realistic brutality, gunplay where the combatants actually need to reload... It's canny.

Daft as fuck storyline, but I wasn't going into it expecting characters resonating with complexity.

Thought John Wick was pretty awful. I've always thought Reeves got too much stick over the quality of his acting (obviously he's no Brando but I don't find him that bad) but I thought he was dreadful in it. Add to that the flimsiest plot I've seen since Segal in Out For Justice and it was definitely a let down.

Thought John Wick was pretty awful. I've always thought Reeves got too much stick over the quality of his acting (obviously he's no Brando but I don't find him that bad) but I thought he was dreadful in it. Add to that the flimsiest plot I've seen since Segal in Out For Justice and it was definitely a let down.

Aye, but the fight scenes were decent and much better than both the Too-Close-To-see-What's-Happening or the This-Isn't-Fighting-This-Is-Ballet shit.

Prometheus, Sunday on C4. Well, what to say.....

1. OK ish plot, filling in lots of Alien blanks, but with one massive hole - why did the Engineers tell the humans to go visit their weapons planet?

2. Brilliant cinematography

3. Utterly shit characters/story-telling, to the point it's so unbelievably bad you start to wonder if there's at least an hour's worth of film sitting on some editors floor somewhere that fills in the blanks. Idris Elba in particular was a massive let down, he had at most one line which portrayed any kind of emotion/motivation, and that made no real sense due to all the missing bits of the film

Indeed. After watching it, I could not in all honestly believe the same person who crafted the characters and storyboard of Alien was the same person behind that pile of cack. It actually made me appreciate Alien even more, if that were even possible.

I was so annoyed when I came out of the cinema. Poor storyline, poor acting, poor script (I blame Lindelof - who I have a personal hatred for)

The camaraderie between the characters was just awful.

They are making a Prometheus 2 as well. Money talks I guess.

It's true that I updated things a bit for the 21st century: I wear lenses, I got into intermittent fasting rather than doing it all in one go, but the similarities are undeniable.