Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

On 2/2/2020 at 09:20, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Tried watching the new Jay and Silent Bob. Fuck me, it’s Epic Movie levels of shite.

I watched the whole way through. I didn't hate it (through sheer force of will).

I wish he tried to make a proper movie though (and one without his daughter) but that ship has seemingly sailed and we're left with self flagellating shadows of attempts at in-jokes and 'actors' phoning it in.

Dogma would be my favourite,  but Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy are all vastly superior to anything he has worked on in recent times. Clerks 2 was ok as well, and I quite enjoyed Zac and Miri. I'm pretty sure when that came out and pretty much bombed in theatres it ruined him. He became a heavy weed user thereafter and the quality of his movies dropped off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2020 at 13:13, David Kelly said:

Seen Jojo Rabbit the other day and thought it was excellent.

Saw it at the weekend and I still can't quite decide if it was good or not. :lol: I think it was, but tonally it's (necessarily) all over the place, which makes it hard to get a handle on. Still thinking about it several days later though, so I suppose it had the desired effect.

28 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Saw it at the weekend and I still can't quite decide if it was good or not. :lol: I think it was, but tonally it's (necessarily) all over the place, which makes it hard to get a handle on. Still thinking about it several days later though, so I suppose it had the desired effect.

Yeah it's a weird one for sure.  I'm keen to watch it again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51684494

I know that the French are generally dreadful people but to award this paedo/rapist best director? WTF? 

As shitty as the Cesar jury are, you’ve also got to say that anyone still working for the cunt wants shot with shit too- actors, cameramen, musicians, the lot. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ethan Suplee, the fat bloke off Mallrats, American History X, My name is Earl etc. is a brick shit house these days

Ethan_Suplee__6_jpg-JS553215041.jpg

vonf4c5x42iahcy2_1578734160.jpeg?tr=w-81

Never?

:lol:

> Insert obligatory 'who?' here <

• Haha 1