Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I like Vacation, it reminds me of the flat-earther documentary Behind The Curve, because Christina Applegate is in Vacation, and BTC talks about false globes. 

I’ll see myself out …:lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Carl said:

Probably in a massive minority here but I thought Joker was crap.

What did it lack that you thought it needed? I enjoyed it but it wasn't a typical film in many ways and I could see why it would switch some people off.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

What did it lack that you thought it needed? I enjoyed it but it wasn't a typical film in many ways and I could see why it would switch some people off.

I thought the acting was outstanding, but the story seemed a bit clunky, Joker is obviously mad but I always saw him as mad genius rather than dumb crazy mad and I dont see how he could get others to follow him. Ridiculous I know but everyone in Gotham is either rich and good or poor and bad ready to riot

9 minutes ago, Carl said:

I thought the acting was outstanding, but the story seemed a bit clunky, Joker is obviously mad but I always saw him as mad genius rather than dumb crazy mad and I dont see how he could get others to follow him. Ridiculous I know but everyone in Gotham is either rich and good or poor and bad ready to riot

Fair on all counts. I think perhaps I've given it slack because I think the overall message concerning mental health was important if a bit crudely done in places, but I can see where you're coming from.

2 hours ago, Carl said:

@The Fish notices this post and you'll pine for the days you'd never heard of this forum. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Carl said:

Not sure what this means 

You will sunshine. You'll learn.

Re: how he gets people to follow him. He doesn't. Not really, not in this film. 

Killing the three arseholes on the train and the subsequent reaction from Bruce's dad ignites a bubbling anger in the city. The clown mask becomes the symbol of the downtrodden masses rising up against the established elite. Just like the mask in 'V for Vendetta'. When Joker then goes on to admit to the murders on tv, then murder the talkshow host he is seen by some as the spark that lit the fire. Up until now the clown mask is the symbol, now 

he's the symbol. Mind you, it could all be part of his delusion, after he's rescued from the car crash, we're soon in Arkham with no real explanation how we got there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shudder is like Netflix, only full of horror films. You can get a free 7 day trial through amazon video. 

Started watching “In the search of darkness” which is a 4 & 1/2 hour documentary on 80s horror films :lol:  It’s really good.

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I also thought Joker was canny crap but it was more because I was laughing at every single bit of it and then someone informed me it was meant to be serious and not a parody. 

Joker is basically a rip off of the "The King Of Comedy", which is a tremendous film.

Took the bairn to see the new live action Pinocchio at the cinema. It's an Italian film but was well dubbed. 

It's a PG rating but was pretty fucked up!

Highlights being Pinocchio getting lynched from a tree and then later in the film violently transforming into a Donkey in a scene which rivals the transformation in an American werewolf in London :lol: 

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Took the bairn to see the new live action Pinocchio at the cinema. It's an Italian film but was well dubbed. 

It's a PG rating but was pretty fucked up!

Highlights being Pinocchio getting lynched from a tree and then later in the film violently transforming into a Donkey in a scene which rivals the transformation in an American werewolf in London :lol: 

Pinocchios pronouns are now He/Haw He/Haw. 

I’ll get me coat. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Alex said:

I wouldn’t worry, I was about 7 when I first saw An American Werewolf in London and look how I turned out 

i watched rita, sue and bob too at a similar age, which explains a lot 

• Haha 1