Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Strays :lol: 

Thought it was one of those funny disney’esque films with talking dogs so asked the laddie if he fancied watching it.

Fuck me :lol: 

:lol: just watched the trailer. Not exactly child friendly. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

It looks right up my street Tbf :lol: 

I usually IMDB  the shit out of any film I’m going to watch, but we’d just got back from a fantastic family paddle boarding day at the beach and I thought a nice family film would finish the day off lovely. 

My 12 year old couldn’t believe his ears and thankfully knows better than to repeat it. 

Really good laugh a minute film though :lol: 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched Anna - Luc Besson spy thing about a sort of female John Wick - last night and then thought I'd heard of a similar film with Charlize Theron which it turns out is called Atomic Blonde so I watched that tonight. 

Both excellent but a bit similar. 

7 hours ago, NJS said:

I watched Anna - Luc Besson spy thing about a sort of female John Wick - last night and then thought I'd heard of a similar film with Charlize Theron which it turns out is called Atomic Blonde so I watched that tonight. 

Only memorable for one scene, I think :smile:

9 hours ago, NJS said:

Both good and Red Sparrow too.

On 03/08/2023 at 11:30, The Fish said:

I don't mind good CGI, loads of films use them and you don't even realise it.

The issue is the bad CGI. The early attempts at de-ageing, sometimes where they replace people in their entirety the CGI-people lack weight and natural movement. 

Like Superman's moustache removal. It was so badly done that the disbelief that I'd already suspended for people shooting lasers out of their eyes, just couldn't be suspended any more and it took me out of the movie. 

But then the CGI in 1949, or where it's used to fill in landscapes or crowd shots is fine. And obviously stuff like Avatar is amazing visually.

Aye, de-ageing is not something I can get onboard with. The Irishman was awful (to me) because of it. It stopped me getting into it fully, watching an 80 year old De Niro de-aged to look like a 30 year old, kicking the fuck out of someone but moving like an 80 year old whilst doing it. It was comically bad - just get a young actor to play the younger version of De Niro for fuck sake. Give some young up and comers an opportunity to impress instead.

• Like 2