Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

My Halloween film of choice was the 1964 film Kwaidan. After an hour I thought it was dragging a bit. After another half hour, the intermission came on so I checked out the on screen display to see how long was left. Though there was more than another 90 minutes to go, I persevered manfully. Christ it was slow. Still, it bears all the hallmarks of modern Asian horror and has some startling imagery that will linger long in my heed.

Also watched the Marx Brothers "classic" Duck Soup. Now I know it's an old film so the humour isn't going to be exactly cutting edge, but there's a 3 minute scene of a man getting his hat knocked off repeatedly! :lol: Actually, it's canny funny, and perfectly executed, like the (no) mirror scene, but it has aged terribly. I laughed loudest at the NRA endorsement that started the film.

My Halloween film of choice was the 1964 film Kwaidan. After an hour I thought it was dragging a bit. After another half hour, the intermission came on so I checked out the on screen display to see how long was left. Though there was more than another 90 minutes to go, I persevered manfully. Christ it was slow. Still, it bears all the hallmarks of modern Asian horror and has some startling imagery that will linger long in my heed.

Also watched the Marx Brothers "classic" Duck Soup. Now I know it's an old film so the humour isn't going to be exactly cutting edge, but there's a 3 minute scene of a man getting his hat knocked off repeatedly! :mellow: Actually, it's canny funny, and perfectly executed, like the (no) mirror scene, but it has aged terribly. I laughed loudest at the NRA endorsement that started the film.

The best Marx brothers film is A Night at the Opera or A Day at the Races Imo

Got "House of Wax" for tonight. Fully expect it to be turd but it has Elisha Cuthbert starring so instantly gets an extra point.

Edit: As suspected. Average horror and Cuthbert fills a spot in the wank bank.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Just been to see Marie Antoinette.

Quite an interesting film really, done in a different style from what I suppose is normal. Could have gone a bit further with the attempted escape and execution etc. And since the audience were all in love with the little girlm playing the daughter, it would have been interesting to see the kids being taken from their mother - heart rending.

8/10 on the snake scale.

Some good music as well.

Oh, and 9/10 for Kirsten Dunst's ass. Hubba hubba :mellow::lol:

Final Destination 2.

I bought the trilogy for £15 and it's brilliant.

Love movies like this. 3rd one is the best. :mellow:

(And yes, I know they're awful, but they're great for watching with company over beer and pizza etc)

Final Destination 2.

(And yes, I know they're awful, but they're great for watching with company over beer and pizza etc)

They are what is known as "no brainers".

Enjoy the odd one now and again...see House of wax. :lol:

Final Destination 2.

House of Wax being the now trademarked finger-severing flick.

All these movies have it now. HOW, Hills Have Eyes, Wolf Creek, Hostel etc.

But aye, no-brainer horrors are great on occasion.

Final Destination 2.

I'm quite a big horror fan but i rarely get scared these days. All more or less the same. Not like when I was a young un. Poltergeist used to scare the shit out of me.

Final Destination 2.

I'm quite a big horror fan but i rarely get scared these days. All more or less the same. Not like when I was a young un. Poltergeist used to scare the shit out of me.

Same here. I was surprised to read that ambulances had to be called to Stevenage cinemas as people were passing out whilst watching Saw III. Didn't really effect me, although several parts made me wince.

Final Destination 2.

Love movies like this. 3rd one is the best. :lol:

Enjoy the odd one now and again...see House of wax. :stars:

the first poltergeist film never bothered me but the second one with the MEGA CREEPY reverend bloke :mellow: